PDA

View Full Version : 360 Controller

Kalabalana
06-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Anyone know how to use it with this game? I'll give it a try, but it needs a controller.

d0gr0ck
06-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Yes, it should be pre-configured. If you don't like the layout just change the key-bindings in the Options Menu.

Kalabalana
06-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Cannot bind 360 controller keys to functions in game.

So do I need xpadder or something?

d0gr0ck
06-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Make sure you plug in the pad before starting the game. I should not require any extra software. I know mine works just fine this way.

kreed_uk
06-14-2011, 04:41 PM
It works but it seems as if some of the option menu are inaccessible with it including the revive menu.

TheDarkPal
06-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Wireless 360 pad does not work, however, I plugged the wired one and did the trick.

Somehow I think Xpadder will do better than the built in support...

(At least I can use my wireless)

kreed_uk
06-15-2011, 01:48 AM
The wireless does work. That's what I used. Shame the controller isn't implemented properly though.

enoch420
06-15-2011, 03:58 AM
I have an old crappy gamepad I picked up from walmart about 6 years ago and have successfully got it working in Spiral Knights along with Mini Ninjas by "tricking" windows to detect it as a 360 controller.

Here's what to do:
(Note Windows 7 OS here)

XBox Controller is named "XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)" in registry
e.g. my Game Elements Recoil pad was detected as "USB 4-Axis 12-Button Gamepad" and that's the reason why my controller didn't work...

Solution:
1. Go to Control Panel >Hardware and Sound> Devices and Printers >Game controller
2. Note the correct name of your controller e.g. "XUSB Gamepad (Controller)"
3. Run Regedit (Windows-Key + R => regedit.exe)
4. Search for your controller name e.g. "XUSB Gamepad (Controller)" and replace with "XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)"(without quotation marks)

5. Search & Replace again (2-4 times)

or more specifically HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control \MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VI D_046D&PID_C218

Now download the 360 controller emulators:
http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=4

http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=44

Follow directions in readme.You probably will have to remap some keys to match the 360 pad in the .ini file

Also, the 2 emulator files should be extracted to Steam\steamapps\common\spiral knights\java_vm\bin folder for Spiral Knights.

I say try both emulators if one doesnt work the other might for certain games.And try renaming the .dll like it says in the readme if it doesnt work at first.

Hope this helps:)

TheDarkPal
06-15-2011, 07:23 AM
The wireless does work. That's what I used. Shame the controller isn't implemented properly though.

Yep... you are right, restarted computer today and the wireless is working.

Sorry...

He, he..

philitup
06-17-2011, 06:19 AM
I can't seem to get my wireless controller to work. I can manually bid buttons but it doesn't auto detect it and I can't control the menus with it.

Necred
06-17-2011, 08:29 AM
I've had no issues with setting up my Saitek P990 to play with SK ... Was able to set all the bindings within the controls menu, and was all set in 2 minutes.

Definitely much better to play with a gamepad than keyboard/mouse in my opinion

TidyBoyJami
06-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Im using the wired xbox 360 pad. It worked straight away without any configuration or third-party software like xpadder. Here's how the controls were set as default and it worked great for the few hours i was playing

Left analogue stick = Character movement
A button = Attack
Right Bumper = Switch weapon
Right Trigger = Block/Shield
Left Trigger = Hold to strafe
D-Pad = Potions

EviLDeAthMaN
06-17-2011, 10:09 AM
I have alot of guildies who use controllers, but switch to M+K for menu navigation/chat etc...

I personally prefer the M+K for the precise gun aim, but I'm sure if you are good with a controller your aim will be just fine.

Argeaux
04-26-2012, 05:58 PM
You don't really need to have fine aim in this type of game. It's not like playing some other FPS.

Basically Batman only needs to be in a thug's general direction for him to punch them.

For a game like this controller works well because controller buttons for specific functions are all at your fingertips and make a logical sense.