PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Steam login?

Pop It, D-Man
06-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Ive Installed the game through steam and when i launched it for the first time, it validated it, and when i opened i had to log in, it also game me the choice to log in with a SEGA account or use facebook, i have not seen a steam login option like some people have said exists.

I made an account through the website and played to the first camp, but would rather use my steam account.

Also how do you get the benifits of inviting a friend?

d0gr0ck
06-14-2011, 02:49 PM
On the Steam Version only of the game there should be a button to one-click log on with your Steam account.

The benefits and how to invite is listed here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1930120).

Pop It, D-Man
06-14-2011, 02:53 PM
I reread the thread and saw about hte invites but i still couldnt find the steam login button, i am currently reinstalling to see if that will work, could someone post a screenshot of it so that i know where to look

d0gr0ck
06-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Sorry, it should be a button but actually a checkbox on the logon screen.

Pop It, D-Man
06-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Ive reinstalled and this is literally what i see:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dontlookuphere/screenshot/540645262597219532?tab=all

d0gr0ck
06-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Well... umm... that shouldn't be happening. The first time you play this game though Steam it should auto-logon and take you directly to the Character Create screen.

I would suggest sending a Support Mail (https://www.spiralknights.com/support/#mail) about this issue. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

clragon
06-16-2011, 09:02 AM
did you find a solution for this? I can't see a log in with steam button either. I went on their website and created an account and that allowed me to log in. But now I can't get any achievements / hat :(

can someone post what the steam version is suppose to look like? I downloaded mine from steam yesterday and have never seen the log in with steam button...

reptar66
06-16-2011, 09:25 AM
did you find a solution for this? I can't see a log in with steam button either. I went on their website and created an account and that allowed me to log in. But now I can't get any achievements / hat :(

can someone post what the steam version is suppose to look like? I downloaded mine from steam yesterday and have never seen the log in with steam button...

After a long night of raging, I believe this is my cause of no hat. I don't get the option to log in from Steam either.

clragon
06-16-2011, 10:35 AM
yeah I started worrying after realizing that I am getting 0 achievements in steam, even though I've finished tier 1 twice already...

do we have to wait for account link for our fix? is something wrong with our game client? I am tempted to reinstall my game from steam, but then if I log in with my steam account, I will probably loose my progress in the game so far...

if we wait for account link, will it be too late to get the hat? it'd be nice to hear back about this from steam.

lordfa9
06-16-2011, 10:39 AM
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541771335597442803/21A802EC7EE5B79395A1F17F56DC3D0461E06BF8/

me too :(

clragon
06-16-2011, 12:27 PM
I've sent a help ticket...

I tried reinstalling but that didn't work. I guess we have to wait until they sync accounts with steam next week for our achievements to transit over.

anyone know how long the tf2 hats period will last?

choovuck
06-16-2011, 01:03 PM
i actually did get TF2 helmet when i played yesterday morning. but yesterday evening i stopped being able to log in, having the exact same login screen as above. some awesome update from SK?

Sephden
06-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Hey guys, really glad it's not just me with this issue. My game automatically linked with steam for the past 2 days (including at about 2 PM EST). Then all of a sudden at about 8:30 I have no steam login option. Nobody has had any success figuring this out yet, eh?

Sephden
06-16-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm gonna bump this. We should work on some kind of solution, starting somewhere. Just gotta figure out what that starting point is.

We should compile all the things we've tried so that we have a good layout, since we all seem to have the same issue.

Sephden
06-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Just an update, I restarted steam, and it started logging me in again. I do understand what the problem was, but it seems to have fixed itself. Will update if it happens again

starlinvf
06-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Looks like theres an ongoing issue with the files on the steam download servers. I'm not sure if its because of the files, but the game can't/won't update fully.

*EDIT*
I figured out whats wrong. The verify local game cache is pulling from a cached index for all the files. You need to literally break the install by deleting the java_vm & /rsrc/ui folders. Verify the cache again and it should try repair the install.

clragon
06-16-2011, 08:58 PM
it appeared for me too! but this is my first time seeing it.. and now when I try to steam login, it says I have too many free accounts associated with my computer...

Tashigi
06-16-2011, 10:29 PM
From what I was reading on the Three Rings forums, it's not Steam at all.
It's actually the game.
Some routers are experiencing compatibility issues with the game after they applied some patch.
I had the same exact issue as you guys last night.
Plugged my PC directly to the modem and bypassed router, connected immediately.

Anyway, this is not an option for me.
I don't have the luxury to play straight from the modem, so I am waiting on this to be fixed.

pantango
06-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Looks like theres an ongoing issue with the files on the steam download servers. I'm not sure if its because of the files, but the game can't/won't update fully.

*EDIT*
I figured out whats wrong. The verify local game cache is pulling from a cached index for all the files. You need to literally break the install by deleting the java_vm & /rsrc/ui folders. Verify the cache again and it should try repair the install.

I did that and now at launch the game just closes with no error window.

lordfa9
06-17-2011, 07:16 AM
I did that and now at launch the game just closes with no error window.

sweet me too

fml for not reading

clragon
06-17-2011, 04:14 PM
has anyone found a solution to this yet? or should we just wait for account sync next week...

retrojoe69
06-17-2011, 04:16 PM
I had this problem, i found closing Steam(god forbid) then reopening it fixed this issue for me.

Dante Mu
06-17-2011, 05:16 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb278/Kurzidan/SK-1Steampic.jpg

This (directly after it tried to auto-connect under steam login) is what it should look like for Steam accounts

According to what I've read, Either A) a corruption in your files has occurred on a non-serious level that you find "spedcial"

or B) You are experiencing a lapse in connectivity with steam, Like I did once, the first time i tried playing it, my steam said HAHA you're not connected, gojng offline, while I was booting the game, and I was forced to see what you guys saw.

A restart of the game was all it took for me once the connectivity was reinstated..

In the event steam is unchecked, this is what it should look like

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb278/Kurzidan/SK-2Steampic.jpg

lordfa9
06-17-2011, 10:11 PM
well I've tried restarting steam, validating files and still nothing works for me

reptar66
06-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Freaking bump.
We need this fixed yo.

LebenOjanen
06-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Yeah, same problem here. Was working fine yesterday, not working at all today. I've verified integrity, restarted steam, etc.

LebenOjanen
06-18-2011, 02:08 PM
I just tried a reinstall. Didn't fix a damn thing. I posted on their official forums. If you're having the same issue, bump it.

http://forums.spiralknights.com/en/node/11812

W-
06-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Just a quick question, do you have the steam community/overlay enabled? If not enable it for this game.

lordfa9
06-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Just a quick question, do you have the steam community/overlay enabled? If not enable it for this game.

it is for me