PDA

View Full Version : "You have been disconnected from the server."

synthy
06-14-2011, 06:27 PM
I get this every time I try logging in with my steam account. What gives?

Wizman87
06-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Look here, as there only seems to be problems with people that own a WRT54G router (v5+):
http://forums.spiralknights.com/en/node/9438 :cool:

I'm having the same issue. Though, despite one of my friends owning the same router model (with the ability to play SK), I believe it depends on the specific model and/or firmware revision that your router is or has installed.

Solutions include:
1. Updating your router firmware (may or may not be a permanent fix, as this may depend on your router's model revision)
2. Plugging your ethernet cable directly into your dsl/cable modem (a temporary solution, but deemed unsafe since you'd be exposing your computer to the world without being behind a hardware firewall; aka while not being behind a router)
3. Install a third-party firmware like DD-WRT onto your router (most plausible and possibly the best solution, though probably not a good solution for average tech savvy users - it would also completely overwrite official firmware, with no ability to revert back - though, in the long run, is probably better for your 8-year old router anyways as the router is not supported by Cisco/Linksys anymore)

As d0gr0ck stated in the forum link that I posted above:
The Dev team have acknowledged the issue and are looking into this problem.

I hope that helps. :p

eadwyn
06-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Look here, as there only seems to be problems with people that own a WRT54G router (v5+):

I have V1 of this router, so I think it probably affects all versions of this router (or at least V1 + V5+)

Dewk
06-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Also getting this problem with a WRT54G2 v1.

Wizman87
06-14-2011, 08:38 PM
I noticed someone by the name of Berzerk404 posted something similar to this forum post earlier here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1930460

I re-posted what I already did over there.