PDA

View Full Version : Interesting game!

redsaturn07
06-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the interesting documentary, hopefully it may stir up some thought :)

Petrish
06-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Looks like a bad acid trip :D. No offense

Stexred
06-15-2011, 12:34 PM
just a stupid game

PurSpyk!!
06-15-2011, 12:46 PM
and why is this added to my Community game lsit, I dont want this crap shown?

Xile{t}
06-15-2011, 12:59 PM
[snipped, its there^]

this happens with alot of free stuff, it is a steam bug, happens with alot of the new free 2 play stuff as well :s

daicon
06-15-2011, 01:07 PM

Embarrassed? You must be really think you're important to think people look at your games list.

brataccas
06-15-2011, 01:51 PM
typical american trolls.

civanT
06-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Very nice documentary. Typical American/Brit conspiracies.

redsaturn07
06-15-2011, 01:56 PM

Sorry to here you didn't like the game, not that anyone cares, but they did make that game for free and a quick guess of your games list - there are probably much worse things you could had wasted your time on. :mad:

winter2
06-15-2011, 02:07 PM
For some reason the video of the game reminded me of the Frankie Goes To Hollywood game on the C64.. :D

velvetmeds
06-15-2011, 02:25 PM
I liked it

Neverpleased
06-15-2011, 02:57 PM
It's free, unless the game gave you a horrible disease there is pretty much nothing to dislike here. Especially since no one is forcing you to play it.

A documentary in game form about how American and British meddling in foreign affairs always stirs up ♥♥♥♥. The man was put out of office because he took away Britainīs precious oil.

(If you want to know what I mean by stirring up ♥♥♥♥ read up on Vietnam, Korea, The Taliban, The current not so sweet Irani President, several dictatorships across Africa, several more murderous dictators along the Mediterranean coast, the Palestine-Israel conflict though the British helped allot here, the list is endless).

shuhelali
06-15-2011, 03:04 PM
same - I normally hate these types of games, but the premise and artwork drew me in

signofthenine
06-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Sounds interesting, and it's free, so I'll give it a shot.

ben583
06-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Well, that definitely used some interesting imagery and visual metaphors.

stephert
06-15-2011, 05:58 PM
It's free, unless the game gave you a horrible disease there is pretty much nothing to dislike here. Especially since no one is forcing you to play it.

A documentary in game form about how American and British meddling in foreign affairs always stirs up ♥♥♥♥. The man was put out of office because he took away Britainīs precious oil.

(If you want to know what I mean by stirring up ♥♥♥♥ read up on Vietnam, Korea, The Taliban, The current not so sweet Irani President, several dictatorships across Africa, several more murderous dictators along the Mediterranean coast, the Palestine-Israel conflict though the British helped allot here, the list is endless).

Yeah I know. Letting millions of innocent people get murdered in Rwanda was a much better option. Way to go!

Spizaex
06-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Yeah I know. Letting millions of innocent people get murdered in Rwanda was a much better option. Way to go!

I would, usually, agree with you. Rwanda's problem was because of the incident in Somalia, that made Clinton stay home.... In both cases, I believe, the so called first world believed to be doing the best they could. In both cases, doing different things, interfering and not, they didn't succeed very well. Sometimes there are more than just a mere public interest... Sometimes there are private interests in the game... But in most of the cases - the ones that go wrong listed above -, I believe, they are doing their best.

Spritaek
06-15-2011, 07:45 PM
the game has no intense detailed 3D graphics, right? it runs like a powerpoint presentation on my machine...

Hoju3
06-15-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm yet to play it but it looks like a very thought provoking and interesting game... and it's free too! :D

Also, I had absolutely no idea that Iran had had a democratically elected prime minister. :eek:

Thanks!

xayu
06-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Just out of interest is it swapping one biased perspective of events for another or giving the user to critically think about the events in progress.

M4nkoRid3r
06-15-2011, 09:47 PM
the game has no intense detailed 3D graphics, right? it runs like a powerpoint presentation on my machine...

Posting your specs would help :)

The game was surprisingly powerful for me. Made me think and want to research a bit more on it.

irogue
06-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Sorry to here you didn't like the game, not that anyone cares, but they did make that game for free and a quick guess of your games list - there are probably much worse things you could had wasted your time on. :mad:

Probably has CoD in it somewhere i bet lol

Chetyre
06-15-2011, 11:50 PM
I liked it, the art was wonderful and the soundtrack fit well. Plus it was just the right length for this sort of thing.

Serjongo
06-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Indeed, the game was pretty darn amazing.
I loved the art style, and the metaphores they used, it`s definetly a game everyone should experience. Heck, I`d even pay a couple of bucks for it, as a donation for the guys who made it.

At first I was a little skeptical, I thought it`s another biased game which will twist the truth, but I really enjoyed it, and it seems pretty accurate, atleast by Wikipedia ^^

MVJ
06-16-2011, 12:05 AM
I rarely post in the forums but I just wanted to add to this and say that I wish more games like this were developed. Fun, thought provoking, and educational! To the makers of the Cat and the Coup, great work and I'm interested to know what other games you'll make in the future!

Sheepdude86
06-16-2011, 01:10 AM
Nobody is ashamed that the CIA deposed a progressive, democratically elected leader for their own economic benefit, leading to Iran's resentment of America for generations to come? I sure as hell am. What a clever way to draw people's attention to such an important event.

Burgi
06-16-2011, 05:37 AM
I wish they would've teached history that way in school.
Bit interactive and informative.
I liked it.

JDV72
06-16-2011, 07:43 AM
The man was put out of office because he took away Britainīs precious oil.

If that's all the game teaches about this episode in international intrigue and Persian politics, it has failed as an informative IR tool.

However, I'll give it a pass since it's about a kitty cat.

amcdermo
06-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Strange choice for Steam but commendable nonetheless. If it's accurate that is. Not trusting that fountain of faeces Wikipedia are there any experts that could validate it?

TNG
06-16-2011, 11:16 AM
amcdermo, Wikipedia actually dictates what is commonly agreed between historians and has been backed by declassified US government files in the 90s. You can discuss Dr. Mosaddegh and the US Government motives and how these events influenced the 1979 revolution, but the CIA/MI6 operation and involvement in the coup d'état is beyond reasonable doubt and not a secret at all nowadays.
And no, I'm in no way an expert but I did study this is school when I was a teenager.
Anyway if you're really interested, here's the declassified stuff on Operation Ajax (http://wearechangecoloradosprings.org/docs.php).

edub77
06-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Strange choice for Steam but commendable nonetheless. If it's accurate that is. Not trusting that fountain of faeces Wikipedia are there any experts that could validate it?

After you finish the 15 minute "game", in the credits are sources as to where the information came from.
I've researched the topic on my own for school several years ago and there was nothing presented in the game that seemed false or anything of the sort.

**I wouldn't consider myself an expert, however what the US government did in Iran isn't the only time the US has removed democratically elected progressive leaders and put in dictators in charge. It's an embarrassment for this country and for what we supposedly stand for.

amcdermo
06-16-2011, 03:48 PM
After you finish the 15 minute "game", in the credits are sources as to where the information came from.
I've researched the topic on my own for school several years ago and there was nothing presented in the game that seemed false or anything of the sort.

**I wouldn't consider myself an expert, however what the US government did in Iran isn't the only time the US has removed democratically elected progressive leaders and put in dictators in charge. It's an embarrassment for this country and for what we supposedly stand for.

Thank you.

brataccas
06-17-2011, 04:39 AM
finally an actual realistic levelheaded american on the internet, pat yourself on the back sir.

toshin
06-17-2011, 07:18 AM
typical american trolls.

finally an actual realistic levelheaded american on the internet, pat yourself on the back sir.

These are your only comments about this game. Your disdain for Americans isn't well hidden and you complain about trolls?

Bromazepam
06-17-2011, 09:41 AM
It's a rather odd game.
On its "videogame-side" I'd say that the artwork is quite nice, but the animations are a bit lacking, especially if you try to sway away from the path and the game forces you back in place through obstacles.
The puzzles are interesting but easy. I was expecting a difficulty escalation and ended up disappointed when I realised it was already over.
Also, if the claim it requires 2 GBs of RAM is true, there is something highly inefficient somewhere in the code.

The history part is presented factually, with short descriptions of what happened in relation to the dates, and tied in with several allegoric images.

Overall, it's a nice game-documentary, free, and certainly worth 10 minutes of your time.

daicon
06-18-2011, 01:37 AM
These are your only comments about this game. Your disdain for Americans isn't well hidden and you complain about trolls?

Don't take it personal. Flaunting how historically ignorant and insensitive you are is a common trait for the "AMERICA ♥♥♥♥ YEAH" troll.

toshin
06-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Don't take it personal. Flaunting how historically ignorant and insensitive you are is a common trait for the "AMERICA ♥♥♥♥ YEAH" troll.

No, no. I didn't take it personal, or even state I was pro or anti- anything... I pointed out the troll complaining about trolls :)

stinkfinger
06-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Nobody is ashamed that the CIA deposed a progressive, democratically elected leader for their own economic benefit, leading to Iran's resentment of America for generations to come? I sure as hell am. What a clever way to draw people's attention to such an important event.

Oh yea? Surprise! Educate yourself on the "School of Americas" AKA the "School of Assassins."

Kiarash
06-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Seriously it took me 5 minutes to finish it and the visual with the music was great. And if you didn't like it don't waste more of your precious time please.

brataccas
06-18-2011, 04:28 PM
I am not a troll FYI

anyways I like this game thingy, I wouldn't of minded paying a few Ģ's for it as I like quirky games like this :)

Egoist
06-19-2011, 12:13 AM

No, it wasn't just about oil. Look at how Iran back Germany in WW2. Or how Mossadegh supported the Soviets and was being supported by them.

Let's just ignore the Soviet involvement in Africa, Iron Curtain, Cambodia, Vietnam, Middle east, Laos, etc. Western involvement was trying to stop the imperialism of the communist governments who had no problems creating mass murder far beyond the ♥♥♥♥♥ (also left wingers) to justify their sophistry. Stop blaming the west while you use your capitalist created computers.

Typical young, spoiled, western liberal with no life experience.

Egoist
06-19-2011, 12:17 AM

The west was disliked long before this. I'm quite proud the CIA/MI5/MI6 undermined someone who was backed by the USSR.

Funny how all those America haters never know about the Czechoslovak rebellion of 68, Katyn, etc. all perpetrated by the logical conclusion of their "ideology."

stalepriest
06-19-2011, 03:30 AM
I really enjoyed it, it made me read up more on the subject. There really is nothing for me to be proud of in my murderous nations history. I am from the UK.

lordofterror
06-19-2011, 07:50 AM
yep the game was great, thanks for making it free

hyperglitter
06-19-2011, 10:35 PM
No, it wasn't just about oil. Look at how Iran back Germany in WW2. Or how Mossadegh supported the Soviets and was being supported by them.

Let's just ignore the Soviet involvement in Africa, Iron Curtain, Cambodia, Vietnam, Middle east, Laos, etc. Western involvement was trying to stop the imperialism of the communist governments who had no problems creating mass murder far beyond the ♥♥♥♥♥ (also left wingers) to justify their sophistry. Stop blaming the west while you use your capitalist created computers.

Typical young, spoiled, western liberal with no life experience.
do you really have to make this about liberal vs. conservative? Typical red herring, completely judgmental response from someone who can't engage in civil discussion even on the internet. nice try with the "life experience" angle though, I bet you feel like a big man bragging about your life experience on Steam forums.

Astrixzero
06-20-2011, 08:55 AM
The west was disliked long before this. I'm quite proud the CIA/MI5/MI6 undermined someone who was backed by the USSR.

Funny how all those America haters never know about the Czechoslovak rebellion of 68, Katyn, etc. all perpetrated by the logical conclusion of their "ideology."

So you're saying American crimes are acceptable because the Soviets are just as bad? Typical deflection nonsense. Eisenhower also did the same to Guatemala because their president nationalized United Fruit, and ended up finding no Soviet connections. Let's not forget how America did blindly support several brutal right-wing dictatorships across the global to fight the Soviet boogeyman.

soundcreepy
06-20-2011, 10:40 AM
3 words, game is awesome

going back to my hole now

PurSpyk!!
06-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Embarrassed? You must be really think you're important to think people look at your games list.

Time to grow up, we should only have installed games listed.