PDA

View Full Version : How to upgrade your gear and " level " meaning.

Euphytose
06-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi,

So, I need to upgrade my gear so I can go deeper, more than 6.

I'll begin with the sword, but I don't know what to do.

Should I wait 7000 ( I have about 5000 ) for the 2 stars rating equipement?

Should I craft it myself, if so, how?

What " level " mean on the gear? Does it increase the effectiveness?

So wouldn't it be useless to go from lvl 12 0 star sword to lvl 1 2 stars sword?

Thanks.

Pearce
06-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Level makes a weapon better. So, a high level 1 star sword will be stronger than a level 1 2 star sword, but as you level up the 2 star sword that will surpass it (when comparing weapons, I find it useful to compare the potential damage, not its current one).
You can craft weapons by buying the crafting recipies from NPCs (there are ones in the market and at level 4 of the clockwork dungeon things), then you need to use the recipie from your inventory to learn it, then you can craft the whatever it is for by using a machine with an energy symbol on it. To do it, you will need the materials, some crowns and a bit of energy, it generally works out alot cheaper than buying equipment.
Remember, you need a full set of 2 star equipment to go deeper.

Euphytose
06-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Does it really restrict it? Or can I still try with only a few pieces of the equipement?

Apart from the fact that it's cheaper, will the crafted sword be better than the bought one?

Pharmacy
06-15-2011, 12:01 PM
When you craft you have a chance for a Unique Variant. More on it on the official wiki (http://wiki.spiralknights.com/Unique_variant).

Euphytose
06-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks!

So all I need to do is buy the recipe, collect the things like " gel drop " from monsters and that's it?

By the way, when you talk on something like that, is it randomly given to a player or it is given to the one who walked on it?

Yavamar
06-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Depends on how the group is set up. By default, loot is distributed randomly; it doesn't matter who picks it up.

Also, I would really suggest against buying weapons from vendors. You can almost always find them cheaper in the auction house.

Pharmacy
06-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Crowns go to everyone
Heat goes to everyone
Materials/equips are distributed randomly, not to the person who picks them up
The hearts for pick up you see are for you and you only

Forensic
06-15-2011, 02:11 PM
As you pick up heat, your equipment levels up. With more levels, equipment gains raw power and new abilities. For instance, at level 5 and 10, the static edge (http://wiki.spiralknights.com/Static_Edge) takes less time to charge for a charge attack.

However, items that are a higher star rating are just plain better. A level 1 shocking edge (http://wiki.spiralknights.com/Shocking_Edge) will do more damage than a maxed level 10 static edge. Don't hesitate to make the jump.

BehelitOutlaw
06-15-2011, 02:27 PM
2 starr equipement cost you 50 energy points, keep that in mind