PDA

View Full Version : Buzz seems a bit lacking

hsthompson
06-15-2011, 02:17 PM
So far, looks like there's not much enthusiasm for the game...anyone have some detailed impressions they want to share?

Swift_Hero
06-15-2011, 08:38 PM
I personally think this game is great and I'm glad I purchased it. Im a lover of strategy games and enjoy innovative ideas, so I guess this is why this game appeals to me. This game is very different to other rts games I have played and give props to the person who created this whole concept as its pretty ingenius.The game mechanics took me a little while to understand, but omce you do its a very nice pick up and play me type game, in which you could have fun playing it in short or long spurts.

You control a little ship which has a little laser you can fire at enemies. Everytime you move you leave a trail along an edge of a triangle. If you go around all three edges you close the triangle up and it will fire at enemies. You have 7 powerup bars of different colours on the right side of the screen. The are 7 colours ranked from lowest to highest Blue, Red, Green,Yellow, Cyan, Purple, and Gray. Everytime you travel to a corner of a triangle it will give a colour, which will charge these power bars up so you can place gun turrent, attack robots (stuff of this nature).

The idea of the game is to wipe the enemy out my capturing all the land, but theres a little twist. The colours are ranked with blue being the weakest and gray the strongest. You manipulate what colours you get on the corners of the triangles by the way you move. The colour shown will always be the weakest colour it can be, but cant be the same colour whats its adjacent too.

For instance if you move to an empty triangle the first corner will turn blue, then you move to its next corner it will turn red, and to its final colour it will be green. The better more powerful weapons come from having more higher tier colours such as cyan, purple, gray and it is for you to figure out how to get these colours. The more of the same colour you have the quicker that colouyrs power bar charges in which then you will be able to pick a power.

So you could just make lots of easy lower tier colours fast with weaker powerups or try to achieve more powerful weapons where you have to use your brain to figure it out and might be a little slower. I hope this helps a little.

Phenoca
06-16-2011, 04:57 AM
Absolutely ingenious. Deserves a community and some polishing for competitive gameplay.
I would really like to find out how humans fare at this vs. me and in co-op.

hsthompson
06-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Deserves a community and some polishing for competitive gameplay.

Yeah, I looked for forums for it, but it doesn't look like they host their own discussion groups, like Anomaly Warzone, or Frozen Synapse do (both great games, BTW). I want to take the plunge, but I just haven't seen enough reviews yet.

kak0iy0kunai
07-08-2011, 12:27 PM
If you like the demo, you'll love the game. I'm really enjoying it so far. It has a great pace, lots of depth, and unique gameplay. I'm looking forward to playing some online games with the Vertex dispenser online group.

IamThe1
08-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Yeah there is no buzz around this game, which is dissapointing because I tried it and got instantly hooked.