PDA

View Full Version : Invert mouse?

ploojoo
06-15-2011, 10:38 PM
..is it possible? Unable to FIND!! :o

TheFragMan
06-16-2011, 02:53 PM
I came here looking for an answer to the same question; How do I invert the mouse? I found this thread on the official forums where people were also wondering the same thing: http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=147311

The response from an official representative of the game was...

You can invert it in Windows, or with third party programs.

We appreciate the feedback, keep it up!

Thanks, but that doesn't really help. I shouldn't have to use a third party program for a feature which is included in pretty much every single game that has been released in the past 10 years.

SnarKs
06-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Rage. You guys should learn not to be different and be normal.

<3

TheFragMan
06-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Rage. You guys should learn not to be different and be normal.

<3

Troll. You should learn to love me for who I am, even if I am different.

<3

kasen23
06-16-2011, 07:44 PM
I had played this way back in beta and there was no ability and I even reccomended this on there forums but I guess they don't think it's a big enough deal to implement. It's such a small thing but more and more f2p are getting lazy with this option and not including it.

Trelow
06-16-2011, 08:07 PM
When did pulling the mouse back to look down become the norm? So odd it is.

BokChoy
06-17-2011, 01:58 AM
When did pulling the mouse back to look down become the norm? So odd it is.

After Quake2 when fps designers realised they weren't making flight sims :)

toshin
06-17-2011, 06:37 AM
I've heard legends about you "inverted mouse when not in a flight sim game" people.

Memitim
06-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Wow. That bodes ill for the overall capability of the maintainers when adding a check box that makes the y-axis negative is too much to handle. Check your local config files to see if you can manually edit the y-axis. Had to do that with Witcher 2 until the first patch when they fixed it.

sirgriever0
06-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Good sir or madam. Have you tried turning your mouse upside down and teaching your palms to click?

silksf
06-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Oh ffs another game I wasted my time downloading. I'm noticing a worrying trend in newer games and their designers failing to accomodate the older gamer niche. Yes we reverse our Y axis. Why? Because the games we grew up playing had it as default. Because it makes sense that pulling back lifts.

I'm also a senior developer so I can't forgive these companies for not spending the whole 5 minutes it would take to accomodate the reverse Y axis folks.

Anyone not understanding the reversed Y axis is merely showing their inexperience in the gaming world.

cookybun
06-24-2011, 03:31 AM
1 install game
2 discover no invert mouse option
3 unable to play this way
4 uninstall game
total waste of time

Nox
06-24-2011, 09:46 PM
No Invert Mouse Option = Boo!

I LOL'd when I read the "Do it in windows!" comment.

No, I am not inverting my mouse in windows to play your game or relearn perfectly good 3D spacial mouse control to play a game in some ♥♥♥♥ed up hybrid 2D spacial point n' click nonsense fashion.

The mouse is your POV - the movement is your head. You lean forward to look down, and lean back to look up. It's pretty much as simple as that. But thank you for the arrogance anyway, [color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color].

The game looks fun, I just can't play it. :( Maybe I'll check back in a few months to see if you'd like to gain a few players.

Nikodemus
06-27-2011, 09:51 PM
No Invert Mouse Option = Boo!

The mouse is your POV - the movement is your head. You lean forward to look down, and lean back to look up. It's pretty much as simple as that. But thank you for the arrogance anyway, [color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color].

Life is a flight sim!

2 points!

Opiate666
06-27-2011, 10:18 PM
lol silksf, I've been 'gaming' since the atari/dos era, and I can't stand inverted mouse.

I even turn off inverted mouse in flight sims. idk why, but I just can't think and react backwards in real time. watching me play anything with inverted mouse, and the inevitable ensuing rage, is pretty hysterical. probably the same for you guys just the other way around.

majicebe
07-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Oh ffs another game I wasted my time downloading. I'm noticing a worrying trend in newer games and their designers failing to accomodate the older gamer niche. Yes we reverse our Y axis. Why? Because the games we grew up playing had it as default. Because it makes sense that pulling back lifts.

I'm also a senior developer so I can't forgive these companies for not spending the whole 5 minutes it would take to accomodate the reverse Y axis folks.

Anyone not understanding the reversed Y axis is merely showing their inexperience in the gaming world.

QFT. There's no excuse. I downloaded, configured, and was excited to play the game right up to the moment I realized there was a lack of an invert y-axis for the game... That, on top of the mess I had to go through just to get my account activated convinced me after about 20 minutes of gameplay to disband it.

Miszou
03-18-2012, 01:04 PM
1 install game
2 discover no invert mouse option
3 unable to play this way
4 uninstall game
total waste of time

This ^^

What kind of pos game doesn't even support this basic functionality? Unbelievable.

Mummylord
03-26-2012, 10:55 AM
This doesn't bode well for this game. I enter the game and find no one, no ability to ask a question with the forums containing one thread about a mouse. Guess my venture into this genre will have to be the 8 hours it says I've played so far. Call me Ishmael.

Mummylord
03-27-2012, 06:18 AM
Correction. I went back with a different class (and a different mood) and loved every minute of it. Even the email congratulating me on reaching level 10. That's a first, for me at least.

demontrace
04-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I wasn't thrilled about the look of the game at first. I was going the safe route at first and was making a human warrior, and was taken aback by the feminine nature of the males. Half of them appear to be wearing dresses rather than robes, and all of them have such feminine faces that I was having a tough time taking them seriously.
Instead I gave in and made my warrior the MOST feminine of all the guys, and named him Girly_Boy, with pink hair to boot! So with this character embraced, and thinking it's actually quite hilarious now, I enter the game ready to hopefully have fun, and notice no option to have my mouse inverted. I was almost in denial, as I couldn't understand how this could be missing.
Now after reading this thread and seeing that apparently the developer doesn't think it's important enough to add, makes me decide that your game isn't worth my time.

I was already put off by the nature of the males, but figured it must be an asian developer, and they seem to like their men white, and feminine. But forcing me to play the game in a very uncomfortable way is just unacceptable. I have other games to waste my time on.

SporkinatorBZ
07-02-2012, 06:22 PM
When did pulling the mouse back to look down become the norm? So odd it is.Yes it is very odd. All I know is that these games I play on Steam, such as Portal, Portal 2, Team Fortress 2, etc all have a typographical error in the mouse options.

When it says Mouse Invert is OFF, it's actually ON, and when it says Mouse Invert is ON, it's actually OFF. So confusing. I think they should fix that.

an0maly33
07-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Left this game installed for a while in case they ever added invert. Forum posts point to "no". Guess it's time to uninstall. Here's some pseudocode help, devs:

if (yInvertCheckBox.checked == true) then
calculatedCameraPitchChange = calculatedCameraPitchChange * -1
end

Stick the equivalent of that in your mouselook code and we're good to go. Unfortunately, it's probably been too long for me to care after this point anyway.

edit:
Yyyeeeaaahhh, I'm not worried about this anymore. The official forums have posts asking about this and the posters seem to be inevitably ridiculed by punk kids for bringing it up. If that's the kind of community that's in this game I'm not interested anyway. =)