PDA

View Full Version : Mw2 FPS issues

easymac9402
06-17-2011, 04:56 PM
My computer should be able to handle the game without drop in frames but for some reason on different maps it does. I even turned the graphics all the way down and it still does it.
What it does is when i look far off into the distance it lags a ♥♥♥♥ load. I dont know why it does this but its pissing me off. It doesnt do this on my other machine and THIS one is even better then the other one. I dont get it? If anyone could help me out i could appreciate it please. Thanks.

iv got-
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+
2.01 GHz, 1.00 Gb of ram.
Geforce 6800 GT

Other machine iv got-
dont know what processo
but it gets 1.8 Ghz and 2.00 Gb of ram.
With a geforce 8400 GS

aboveyou
06-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Yea man, the map to expect this on is Terminal, not too bad, but you will notice "terminal is the most shaky network map in the game" - this comes down to a number of fascinating reasons with regards to rendering on the host machine that I won't bore you with it before trying to address this with you.

I too suffer a type of capped framerate in maps. That's what it feels like right? For me it is on ESTATE.

Love the map, too. Used to run really, really smooth like butter. Recently, and I'm not sure when, it began to run really sluggish.

Much of the rest of the game is great.

What have you tried? Now that I know it's possibly not just me, I'm going to go the distance to delete the map's files from the drive and validate to grab them again and try it out.

easymac9402
06-17-2011, 05:19 PM
For some reason i think it could be my wireless? Are you running wireliess? On my other machine its connected straight to the modem.

Iv tried messing with the settings so many times.. iv got no idea. I honestly dont think reinstalling will help.. but it could.. this is just really pissing me off

thotaz
06-17-2011, 06:18 PM
If you lag when you look far in the distance it's your cpu that is the problem, your cpu is a singlecore cpu I would guess that your 1.8 Ghz cpu is a dualcore cpu which means it's better than your AMD Athlon 64 3000.

easymac9402
06-17-2011, 06:20 PM
hmmm... you sure? you may be right..

ColtCrime
06-19-2011, 01:56 PM
not enough ram...
and quite a bad cpu.Try overclocking it if you know how to do it and if it runs cool.It runs at 2ghz,tone it up to 4-5ghz and it will run very well :)

And about the 2nd machine,same tip,try overclocking it a bit...

SS.KiLLeR
06-19-2011, 02:01 PM
dude its a 6600 gt video card. your other machine has a 8400 gs. there is your answer. stop playing on ♥♥♥♥ty ♥♥♥ computers if you wanted crappy graphics play on console

aboveyou
06-19-2011, 02:39 PM
I've got a high end quad core, it's probably not CPU, not always anyway.

easymac, I went to the MW2 install folder and in my case deleted estate.ff file. Then I validated integrity of the game, got the file back, and now estate runs smoothly for me.

Don't know what it was. I also defragmented using Auslogics' defrag tool, and that could have been why as well - did both, tested, much less problems for me in Estate. Might want to give this a try on your problem maps.

@killer, isn't a 6600 technically faster than an 8400, just with less shader support?

If it's integrated, okay. But, I really don't think it's an issue. I have some people on my list playing on pentium 4's with old integrated.

eternality
06-19-2011, 04:59 PM
I was running amd 6000x2 4gb ram and sli 8800's and I lagged some too. Now that I have upgraded to a quad its as smooth as can be. I would say you need an upgrade.

Hilipatus
06-19-2011, 06:59 PM
How smooth the gameplay is depends mostly on the connection to the host in my experience. If you are the host then the gameplay is almost quaranteed to be good. Processor, RAM and graphics card doesnt matter that much till your machine can run it at the current resolution (85fps). I have a e8400 @ 4,2 GHz, GTX 560 Ti and in some matches it occasionally seems like 30 fps. Hope things get better in future.

venom90
06-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Turn off v-sync also your specs really suck

SS.KiLLeR
06-19-2011, 07:59 PM
I've got a high end quad core, it's probably not CPU, not always anyway.

easymac, I went to the MW2 install folder and in my case deleted estate.ff file. Then I validated integrity of the game, got the file back, and now estate runs smoothly for me.

Don't know what it was. I also defragmented using Auslogics' defrag tool, and that could have been why as well - did both, tested, much less problems for me in Estate. Might want to give this a try on your problem maps.

@killer, isn't a 6600 technically faster than an 8400, just with less shader support?

If it's integrated, okay. But, I really don't think it's an issue. I have some people on my list playing on pentium 4's with old integrated.

pretty sure the 8400 has gddr3 and the 6600 doesnt. not to mention the 6600 gt is from 2004