PDA

View Full Version : Limited Ammo mod?

Sir Arun
06-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Hi, is there a mod for singleplayer that decreases the amount of ammo you start your mission with?

I found one aspect of Call of Duty particularly annoying, ever since I got into the series with Cod 4 - the near infinite ammo. No matter how much you sprayed bullets, you'd never run out of ammo.

Remember Crysis and how you very soon had to depend on the weapons of fallen enemies? Okay, that is a little too harsh, but take Metro 2033 for example - ammo was precious here, too.

In the MW games though, you start with 600 bullets and find refills usually by the time you get down to 400. So, has someone already released such a "realism" mod where you start with maybe 300 bullets and midway though a level, have to pick up enemy weapons?

thotaz
06-19-2011, 09:35 AM
For afaik but you can just make a rule with yourself that everytime you see a new weapon you take it or something.

Milwaukee
06-19-2011, 04:36 PM
There are infinite ammo for the infinite spawning enemies. I find that much more annoying. But then again I never bought a CoD title for it's singleplayer.

WhiteTigerShiro
06-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Okay, that is a little too harsh, but take Metro 2033 for example - ammo was precious here, too.Apples and Oranges. Granted I haven't played Metro 2033, but it's my understanding that it's very similar to Fallout/Stalker. Those are games that are all about survival in a post-apocalyptic setting, so ammo is meant to be scarce because everything meant to be scarce. MW2's campaign is just a war story. You aren't meant to comb a house to try and find any ammo or supplies that you can, you're meant to go from Point A to Point B and shoot anything that gets in your way.

You can go ahead and argue that this makes MW2 a bad game, but really it just makes it different. Bad for you, perhaps, but most people who play the game aren't looking for that "Ammo is precious so every shot has to count and every fight has to be worth it" feeling. So more power to you if you want this mod, but you shouldn't make it sound as-if every FPS aims for the same style of gameplay, and any FPS that lacks a particular aspect is inferior by default.

Mr Rabbit
06-20-2011, 12:23 AM
For afaik but you can just make a rule with yourself that everytime you see a new weapon you take it or something.I do that as a game whenever i'm bored and playing multiplayer. It balances out, since enemies using good guns are usually more difficult to take down, but in return it will be easier to kill the next guy.

Sir Arun
06-20-2011, 05:43 PM
There are infinite ammo for the infinite spawning enemies. I find that much more annoying. But then again I never bought a CoD title for it's singleplayer.

I don't know what you're talking about. There's so many times where I've just stopped advancing and continued to shoot stuff...after 2 to 3 minutes, they stop coming.

MrKoenig
06-21-2011, 12:59 PM

MW2 has a strictly number of limited enemies in every level.