PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions about configuration

hisoka
06-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Greetings,

1.) is there a way to disable the mission arrows?
2.) is there a way to change controls? Neither \ nor / work and I wanted to change them.

Thanks in advance,
Hisoka

Indrek
06-19-2011, 04:30 PM
No to both questions.

#1 has been suggested in this thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1935796), though, and there should be an update in the next few days that includes a few alternate key configurations.

Murudai
06-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Want to remove mission arrows? Just beat all the missions :D

And yeah, update in about a day will include 'YUI' and '123' as alternate configurations for the interface. I wasn't aware that / and \ wouldn't work on non-english keyboards.

m.harmless
06-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Want to remove mission arrows? Just beat all the missions :D

And yeah, update in about a day will include 'YUI' and '123' as alternate configurations for the interface. I wasn't aware that / and \ wouldn't work on non-english keyboards.

Looking forward to that update! :)

Maybe keybinding configuration could even be made customizable?

I'd also love to have the option to toggle the mission arrows on/off seperately from the rest of the interface. (Sometimes missions are fun, but sometimes I just feel like floating around and ignore them for a while ^^)

In any case: Thank you for making and supporting this wonderful little game! :D
M.

Murudai
06-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Key binding is certainly possible for a future version. It is a bit of work though, and I'd want time to test it thoroughly on different keyboard configurations to make sure it works. I'm not sure you'd want to wait that long though, so for now just some alternative configurations should at least make it playable :D

Cheet4h
06-20-2011, 02:59 AM
for German players until the patch: instead of / and \ you can use , and .
^ disables the interface.

m.harmless
06-20-2011, 05:15 AM
By checking all sorts of keys blindly, I found keys that could be used with a german keyboard layout. Apart from the ones already mentioned by Cheet4h (thanks btw! :)) I found that

# also toggles the interface,
toggles the "games statistics" (fps, playing time, ...)

There also seem to be a couple of undocumented controls (most of them already mentioned here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1935621).

@Murudai: That's great news! :D

Do you think, it would be possible to also allow us to unmap certain keys? For instance, I use the ^ key, which on german keyboard layouts toggles the interface, as my screenshot key with FRAPS and therefore would like to disable its toggle function in Solar 2. I don't know anything about game programming, but maybe this could be done without too much fuss via a configuration file that can be edited by the user? Please forgive me in case this is a completely worthless suggestion. As I mentioned, I don't really know anything about programming plus I did hardly get any sleep last night because of the highly addictive nature of this game... ;)