Bug Fixes:

- Occasional missiles hitting sun crash, fixed
- Can't save more than 20 stars in saved system, fixed
- Opening Options menu with some non-English OS languages, fixed
- Super widescreen Eyeinfinity or related setups crash, fixed

Changes:

- Camera zooms out further for huge systems
- Indicators/arrows now blink when they are first created
- Fixed problem with new stars crashing into other stars in multi-star systems when they are spawned.
- 'YUI' and '123' added as alternate controls for interface. I didn't document the '123' ingame, which was a bit stupid, as that's the one that's most helpful to non-US layout keyboards.
- Large multi-star systems don't have such a deafening roar from the stars when moving quickly.
- Inappropriate cancer comment removed from demo

Now as extra thing, I've also added the ability to override the graphics options with a notepad file. This helps with problems if the game crashes or doesn't start properly due to resolution or the display.

Create a notepad file called "display" in the same folder as Solar2.exe (something like Program Files > Steam > steamapps > common > solar 2).

Put in the file exactly this:

Width: 1280
Height: 720
Fullscreen: false

You can set Width and Height to any integer, and Fullscreen to 'true' or 'false'. Just a note though that you can do some weird things with this, especially if you try and set strange custom resolutions in fullscreen mode (as monitors only support certain resolutions in fullscreen).

Indrek
06-21-2011, 12:00 AM
- Camera zooms out further for huge systems
Very nice! I'm playing at 1280x1024 and even then a 10-planet system would fill up almost the whole screen. Sometimes things would hit my outermost planets from the top or bottom of the screen before I could even react. I can imagine what it must have been like for people who use 16:9 widescreen monitors. It's much better now, so thanks!