PDA

View Full Version : Controller question/request

GeoAbraxas
06-25-2011, 04:54 AM
I did a cursory glance at the forums and didn't see that much on the topic so maybe it's a non-issue for most but I personally don't have the 360 adapter for my PC and I happen to have multiple PC controllers so I'm not all that interested in spending $20 or $30 on one. I was hoping if there was any known way to have my normal usb controllers work with Solar 2 or if there was any plans to add support in future patches. I knew that the game had controller support but I didn't notice in the game's page that it was only 360 support.

Thanks.

Murudai
06-25-2011, 05:19 AM
I do plan on adding in keymapping eventually, and with that will be included alternate controller support. The problem is there is so many types of controllers out there that supporting them all is hard, which is why using an Xbox 360 contoller is a nice standard as it seems to be the most commonly used.

I wouldn't hold your breath for it, as the controls are fairly simple and not many people have asked for keymapping, but I'll look into it once I get down my todo list :)

Steffe
06-25-2011, 07:23 AM
http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm

Might help you do what you want until official support is added.

zarakon
06-25-2011, 02:29 PM
What kind of controller do you have?

If you have a Logitech Dual Action or Rumblepad, you have a couple options

1. Use the Logitech software to map your controller functions to the game keys

2. Use a 360 controller emulator. I just tried this and it seems to work for me. I'm using "x360ce vibmod". I got it from here: http://www.xtemu.com/forum/topic/2710-xbox-360-controller-emulator-vibmod-by-virus-3140/
Just put x360ce.ini, xinput1_3.dll, and XInputTest.exe in your Solar 2 folder and it should be good to go

GeoAbraxas
06-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone. Based on Murudai's response I went out and found the usb adapter for the 360 controller online for what I consider a trivial price so I ordered one. Until it gets here I'll check out all the software posted to see what works best for me, thanks for the suggestions.