PDA

View Full Version : Where is all the gamedata stored

Del-Dredd
06-28-2011, 03:25 PM
As title says, where is all the data stored, I want to make a backup to prevent having to redownload.

Was a pain having steam download the whole of Race07 even though i have it on a retail disk when i installed the online version of GTR Evo (Steam decided it wanted to download the Race07 part for somereason).

The directory within Steamapps is only 170Mb and therefore to small for all the files, the directory in Users\Mydocuments\Simbin again does not have the required files.

So where does it store all the info about cars and tracks etc.

I did a search for Poznan track folder (Retro Addon)on the C drive all it found were the replays and setup folder.

triskele10
06-29-2011, 12:00 AM
You can make a backup with Steam, every time when there is a new add-on I make a new backup.

DoubleNegative
06-29-2011, 06:06 AM
Race07 is installed to:
Steam>steamapps>[USERNAME]>race07

Race07 installed with GTR Evo since it is considered a DLC/addon

Del-Dredd
06-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Race07 is installed to:
Steam>steamapps>[USERNAME]>race07

Race07 installed with GTR Evo since it is considered a DLC/addon

That directory is only 170Mb as I said, it is not big enough for the whole game and does not contain all the game folders/files in any case.

An offline install of GTR EVO (also installs Race 07 off disk so why Steam have to download?) takes up Gigabytes, so Steam must be putting these files somewhere as it downloaded enough (1.4Gb i read somewhere).

Del-Dredd
06-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Found the answer over on the NoGripRacing forum.

They are stored as .gcf files (archives) in the Steamapps folder, the Race07 folder in Steamapps\(username)\ is only there for some required files which are extracted as it were and so you can put your track addons in etc.