PDA

View Full Version : Gifting money for someone elses Steam Wallet

Revgolin
06-30-2011, 05:49 AM
There are many communities that have draws to either help raise money for servers and websites or for another way to get more people to help populate their servers. I have helped out old clans by donating a game for a draw that I have gifted to the winner but many would rather have money in their Steam Wallet and be able to spend it on Steam purchases or in game purchases (ie. free 2 play and TF2 shop).

Right now I help out local friends by gifting them games for cash when they don't have any credit cards or don't feel comfortable using Pay Pal or any other e-commerce business that Steam is using for transactions. They like my idea as well so they can be able buy games as they come on sale so when I'm outta town they will be able to purchases the up coming pre purchase deals.

Etherfast
06-30-2011, 06:00 AM
It's a really nice thing, especially because the transaction is done only virtually, with virtual funds.

Maybe allow only Steam Guard protected accounts to do that, because otherwise it'd be a huge security risk. At the moment, when a password reset is issued on your account, your credit card information on file get wiped out, for security reasons. Maybe apply the same procedure and lock the transfer of your Steam wallet funds, for better security.

/signed

botl1ke
06-30-2011, 07:01 AM
Awesome idea.
/signed

Revgolin
07-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks guys.

Ettanin
07-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Sure, why not?
Only problem is more beggars and more scam attempts, but well... those shady things are everywhere.