PDA

View Full Version : Game Crashes - No Support

RayT
06-30-2011, 10:08 AM
The game crashes at start.
After the map is initialized, the screen goes dark, an hour glass working is all that is seen, then it crashes.

I have written both Steam and Paradox about this. So far nothing from either - very disappointed in both of them.

Other players are experiencing the same thing - so clearly the problem is not isolated and needs to be dealt with right away.

cccino
07-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Written to them? How? Neither company has a direct contact for technical support.

Why don't you try the actual technical support forum at http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?323-Europa-Universalis-III

RayT
07-01-2011, 05:23 AM
Written to them? How? Neither company has a direct contact for technical support.

Why don't you try the actual technical support forum at http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?323-Europa-Universalis-III

Paradox:
support@paradox.zendesk.com

Steam:
Sent via support messaging system
(reply received from:email@support.steampowered.com)

Disappointed in Support because so far neither has come up with a solution. There are scores of others who are experiencing the exact same problem which should be evidence enough that something is indeed wrong.

There is no need to question peoples integrity. It takes only minutes to write support for assistance, why would anyone lie about doing so? :confused:

cccino
07-01-2011, 05:34 AM
I wasn't questioning your integrity, apologies if it came out like that.

Steam won't give you any technical support, they will only direct you to Paradox (when they eventually reply).

I wasn't aware Paradox had a technical support contact, they never used to. Hopefully they can solve it for you. Maybe after the weekend.

I still recommend you actually check out the official technical support forum I linked you to, since there are semi-official people there who will respond immediately.

RayT
07-01-2011, 05:37 AM
Thanks for the link. Once done my workday today, I will check it out.

cccino
07-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Since you're at least getting half-decent responses from both, I withdrawn all my comments.