PDA

View Full Version : So this is what epilepsy feels like...

Borderline769
06-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Warning: Do not operate heavy machinery after playing this game. Drinking while playing this game will lead to heavy vomiting. Partaking in any controlled substances while playing this game may lead to tripping balls, melting walls, and your chair turning into snakes.

On a serious note, is there a way to tone down the flashing? I don't think I have epilepsy, but I'd rather not find out playing this game.

Lone_Sword
06-30-2011, 04:48 PM
You should go play some Beat Hazard. This game's wayyyyyy too calm.

I like pie
06-30-2011, 05:09 PM
I'd like to know too. The flashing is definitely irritating.

Sasquatchsliper
06-30-2011, 05:24 PM
It's a part of the game.

As you're receiving way too much informations in your eyes (and ears), you need to predict and calculate trajectories, timing and prioritization.

And in the middle of that mayhem, you have to identify the color of each block (to guess its movement pattern).

And when you almost retook control of the situation, some blocks are doing new random/unpredictable movements.

So you have to re-learn new logics, new patterns.

While it's getting crazier.

And faster.

Game Over

- - -

It's a self-inflicted sensory assault :)

... like when they suddenly expose a sensory-deprived prisoners to a room filled with stroboscopes and loudspeakers with death metal in Guantanamo.

Bit Trip Beat is a sensory-masochist game, it's a stress-test for your visual sense.