PDA

View Full Version : Dopefish Lives!

ValentineRain
07-02-2011, 01:13 PM
I just felt this needed to be said.
Seeing his visage in the screenshots was enough to win me over.

Moving along, does anyone know who currently has the rights to the majority of the other Apogee era titles, or the likelihood that they'll end up on Steam at a later date?

I remember really enjoying Raptor: Call of Shadows, but that might be due to how young I was at the time. I'd also like to see Terminal Velocity, and Rise of the Triad.

So yeah, Keen is great. What else would the community like to see? And where did all of those IP's go to, anyway?
Discuss. :)

MADDOGGE
07-03-2011, 08:03 AM
All three of those games are still available from 3Drealms/Apogee whatever they are call themselves in this post DNF world.

Rise of the Triad is also available from GoG.com

ValentineRain
07-03-2011, 02:04 PM
DNF made me sad. :(

I'll have to hit their website, then, but it'd be more convenient on Steam. :P

CultDJ
08-04-2011, 10:06 PM
It's really nice to see some Tom Hall love today. I'm trying to get Anachronox on Steam, but waiting for responses is killing me -_- Write SquareEnix, tell them you want Anachronox on Steam!

Ricardo_73
08-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Nice memories, Rise of the Triad was my first FPS, the first time I felt the shock of playing in first person view in a 3D world. I love it. And I never finish it! It will be nice to see some source port with HD textures or something like that.

I played Raptor too, and actually the CD should be somewhere in my mothers house, but this one was more "conventional".

Terminal Velocity, another classic, like Descent, but for some reason I enjoyed more playing Hellbender, the Micro$oft version of the same concept.

So many good old classics came to my mind right now...

WinstonSmith
12-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Yay Dopefish! Dopefish DOES live! hehehe

Nice memories, Rise of the Triad was my first FPS, the first time I felt the shock of playing in first person view in a 3D world. I love it. And I never finish it! It will be nice to see some source port with HD textures or something like that.

[...]

Terminal Velocity, another classic, like Descent, but for some reason I enjoyed more playing Hellbender, the Micro$oft version of the same concept.

So many good old classics came to my mind right now...
Well for Rise of the Triad, you could try the WinROTTGL port. Hmm, it does not yet have like any 3D models or hi-rez textures, and, yeah, I would love to see that myself too! hehehe

There is a great, waaay improved way of playing Descent, though.... hehehehe