PDA

View Full Version : Worth buying ?

banished_one
07-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I've had my eye on this game for a while now but didn't want to pay 10$ for it with it's low metacritic score. Now that it's 2.5$ and you can get a ticket is it worth buying ? Kinda resembles me the witcher which i really like.

Perducci
07-02-2011, 02:37 PM
I've played it for about an hour. It's not really like the Witcher. It's more like Prince of Persia, God of War, Darksiders, Devil May Cry, etc. If you've been eyeing it then you might as well get it, unless you really don't want to spend $2.50. It doesn't seem to be a great game, but it does seem playable and even enjoyable if you let yourself have fun with it. Even if you end up not liking it, it's only a few dollars spent.

banished_one
07-02-2011, 02:44 PM
So it's a console-ish game. How are the controls ?

Perducci
07-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Yeah, it's an action-platformer type game. Moving around is fine with WASD. The two mouse buttons do a weak and strong attack.

The one thing to note is that there are static cameras. Meaning that the mouse doesn't control the camera. So when you move to a new area, the camera finds a new spot and sticks there. It can get a little troublesome when you're pressing S to go down and then the camera shifts and now S is making you run in a different direction. But most of the combat happens with a fixed camera so you don't really need to worry about this when fighting people.

Just to be clear, the camera does follow you and move around. You just can't control it directly.