PDA

View Full Version : Will a Nvidia 560ti run efficiently on my pc?

Ryansb
07-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Hello im thinking of getting the Nvidia 560ti for my pc but im unsure whether my pc can run it ok and not bottle neck it in anyway.

My specs:
e8500 dual core 3.2 ghz
750w power supply
750i Asus motherboard
4 gigs ram
9800+ gtx Nvidia

Thank you.

Also is the graphics card its self good enough to run games at good graphical level and get good fps for games such as Withcher 2, crysis 2 and shogun 2 total war.

Edit: Would it be worth just buying a whole new system for future proof wise?

Vehemence
07-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Should be fine. There will be a small cpu bottleneck but shouldn't be a big deal.

Staemon
07-02-2011, 04:33 PM
It should be fine. The Core 2 Duo could hold you back in games that really like quad cores (GTA IV is the main one I'm thinking of) but mostly you won't have a problem.

You could get a whole new PC if you want, but obviously that will cost you a lot more than just a GTX 560Ti. You would probably be able to re-use the power supply, case, DVD drive and hard drive(s), meaning that if you were to upgrade you would need to buy a CPU, motherboard, RAM and a graphics card.

You could put in the 560Ti now and still have a fairly decent gaming machine, but bear in mind that in a year or two a dual core will likely no longer be sufficient for most games.