PDA

View Full Version : Can't see any friend's game in multiplayer (they can't see mine either).

MasterOfUnlocki
07-02-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm trying to start a multiplayer game in Magicka with some friends (in Adventure Mode) and between the three of us, no one can see each others hosted games.

We have the friends section of the Filter turned on and none of us see the other people's games (obviously, we're not all hosting a match at the same time).

After a few minutes, we hit refresh and we still can't see anything.

I know the Steam sale is going on and that could cause the servers to be messed up. I also logged into my router and setup port forwarding for 27016 (at least I think I did). Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Anything would be appreciated, thank you.

Satoru
07-02-2011, 07:46 PM
It's usually a bit easier if you setup uPnP on your router so that the port forwarding is a bit easier to troubleshoot.

MasterOfUnlocki
07-02-2011, 07:49 PM
My d-link router shows that "Enable uPnP" is already checked.

Satoru
07-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Pecular then... Are you trying to have them join via your IP address? Or through the rather horrible server browser :P

MasterOfUnlocki
07-02-2011, 08:11 PM
They go to Online Play, and then look at the list of games. They have the "Friends" option enabled in the filter (we've even taken it off and it doesn't show up that way either).

I had a friend try my IP address with and without the port number 27016 added and nothing came up for him.

I left my game open in the lobby section for about 10-20 minutes and no one could see my game.

Ralp
07-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Try using hamachi and set your server filter to lan so it doesnt search the whole browser. Make sure steam is on offline mode too.

MasterOfUnlocki
07-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Installed Hamachi, as did my friends. After setting up about 5 games, they were able to see it one time but they kept getting the "Authentication Failed" error. The other 4 times, they couldn't even see it.

I tried this with Steam both offline and online.

I'm leaving the game open for the day. The name is "Testing Only" (sans the quotation marks) and I don't have a password. If anyone wants to drop in and see if they can see my game.