PDA

View Full Version : Steam summer achievement for altitude! (more players will come to altitude?)

PlayerEmers
07-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Altitude has been updated yesterday, and this update added a new achievement

See the changelog:

July 3rd, 2011

Reverse Thrust - reduced energy consumption from 110% recharge rate to 83% recharge rate (planes now recover energy while reversing)
Rubberized Hull - reduced energy loss and turning debuff from EMP by 20%
Biplane (All Forms) - reduced energy loss and turning debuff from EMP by 20%

New challenge (Steam summer promotion) - "Electric Firefighter" - "Interrupt an enemy's afterburners with Loopy's EMP grenade."

Moved "Select next map" vote popup to avoid overlap with the award screen MVP

Friend chat windows (Menu -> Friends) no longer consume the escape key allowing easy toggling between gameplay and chat

Added hidden config option to change the opacity of bottom left kill log messages (edit config/options.xml: generalOptions ... killLogOpacity)

Fixed a few bugs

This will be one of the camp activities of steam i think!

So many players will buy Altitude and the number of players will grow

yeah

lordofterror
07-05-2011, 12:26 PM
ya i hate to see this game die , although i only have the demo, i play it online regularly very fun game

ClayMeow
07-06-2011, 10:18 PM
I used to play it all the time when I got it, but I have to admit I haven't in awhile. Not sure exactly why.

I'll obviously play for the achievement, but maybe I'll hop in a few games on a daily basis again. Like you said, I think a lot of people will get this game when the ticket comes out, especially if it's a daily deal. It's really quite a fun game.

EDIT: I got the achievement. It's pretty easy. Didn't have to do anything special, I just played as normal. The only thing I did specifically was choose Loopy.

Daxwax
07-09-2011, 12:09 PM
I bought the game before it got added to the steam catalogue...so I guess it's impossible to get this one since I dont play through steam :/

aalmuhannadi
07-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Can anyone please help me get the Electric firefighter ticket achievement for Altitude? Steam name is identical to my forum name. Thanks.

EDIT: nvm got it

Applekid
07-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Anyone want to hop in an empty server and get this done really quick?

If so send me a PM.

Phenomen
07-09-2011, 01:30 PM
//done

mussard
07-09-2011, 01:38 PM
This was so simple, I did the intro levels and then jumped onto an online game.

Took me less than 5 minutes :)

br4nd
07-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Anybody wanna farm it? PM

Deathslizer
07-09-2011, 02:27 PM
I do .. pmed

Hybr1dz
07-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Had the game for a while. Bought it as part of a pack. Played it for the first time today. Joined one of the official servers and was getting murdered but I managed to get the achievement once I realized that the EMP is the secondary weapon (default is 'D' on the keyboard or right-click with the mouse). Took a few minutes.

Interesting game. It's a nice casual game when you want to take a quick break.

G1ant
07-10-2011, 01:23 AM
It can be done in 1 min:
Just fire up a game with the Loopy Plane, and shoot the EMP to enemy plane with right click.

Then it's Done!

Dash_Merc
08-01-2011, 12:11 AM
So I'm confused, because I got the electric Firefighter achievement while flying a bomber. I interrupted somebody's afterburner with a bomb while having the pink front-shield power-up activated. I know that shouldn't count.

I'm not complaining, because I got another achievement, but I just thought I'd mention it as a possible bug.