View Full Version : Runtime Error!
So I cannot play this game (though I used to be able to) and every time I try to launch it this error message pops up:
Also this error message pops up:
An exception has occurred!
Sounds like a pretty weird error right? :confused:
07-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Getting the same error
07-04-2011, 02:40 PM
One of these things usually helps:
- reinstall the DirectX from the "Zombie Driver\DirectX" directory
- reinstall the OpenAl from the "Zombie Driver\OpenAl" directory
- reinstall the PhysX drivers from the "Zombie Driver\PhysX" directory
- reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package from the "Zombie Driver\VcRedist" directory
- install Microsft .NET framework 4.0
- install a new version of your graphic card drivers
Geforce cards - http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Radeon cards - http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx
You can try some options in the Zombie Driver's startup menu:
- switching to the other sound device if you have more then one
- disabling gamepad
- disabling sound
- turn full screen off
Start the game from this directory instead of steam launcher:
- If you have the Steam version try to verify cache integrity:
* press the right mouse button on zombie driver in "my games" tab on steam
* choose properties
* click "local files" tab
* choose "verify integrity of game cache"
If you still have a problem send us an e-mail with detailed description of the issue, your system configuration
(Operating System, hardware configuration etc.) and attach a memory dump file and Ogre.log file which can be found here:
- Vista/ Windows7 - C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\ZombieDrive r\
- Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\AppData\ZombieDriver\
Exact location depends on which windows version you have and may be slightly different.
AppData folder and its content may be hidden in your system.
Memory dump file name should be similar to this:
Support contact e-mail:
I tried all of the suggestions you did (besides installing the microsoft.NET framework) and it didnt work until I verified the game cache. So thank you. :D
I am not sure if it was a combination of those things of if it was the verifying of the game cache that did it but thanks for the help and the great customer support!
Happy 4th of July and if your not American, happy Sunday!:D
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.