PDA

View Full Version : Dirty house.

Ardbug
07-05-2011, 03:39 AM
I keep getting the "dirty surroundings" mood, but I cant figure out what I need to clean, the sinks, stove, shower, toilet and bed are all cleaned, no puddles anywhere, no old newspapers or weed on the lawn, and my indoor trashcan is empty ..... what am I missing ?

This is my first time trying a Sims game, so Im probably missing the obvious, so please point it out to me :)

1ach1an
07-05-2011, 05:57 AM
Have you tried calling a maid service?

It will cost you a few simoleons but still... it's worth a shot, right?

1ach1an
07-05-2011, 06:03 AM
Also, some effects stay 'haunting' the Sim for a period of time before they eventually wear off...

I'm presuming that 'dirty surroundings' is just another mood and not something special..

Ardbug
07-05-2011, 10:14 AM
I will give the maid a shot :)

ShalimarX
07-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Also check your sims inventory, might be carrying around an expired newspaper or 'gone off' food.

Asai
07-16-2011, 03:11 AM
Also as trivial as it sounds if the bed is NOT made it will effect the mood. I have seemed to notice that in the case of the bed it is proximity which is how i finally figured out what the item was. I first off build a 10 x 10 home and since it was a single sim i needed just the basics and no interior walls which helps cut down on the initial startup costs. So as my sim is sitting to eat they kept getting a mood altering dirty room effect. I eventuall y moved every item in the house out until to moodlet went away which told me it was the bed. I replaced everything in its original position and then instructed the sim to make the bed and well happiness reigned.

hope this helps
Asai