PDA

View Full Version : This game refuses to run.

theProperGanda
07-06-2011, 07:21 PM
I recently bought this game off the summer Steam sale after watching some game play videos and reviews. I que up the library and install the game but when I launch the title all that happens is a CD key splash screen and then nothing. I spent a good four hours last night googling every fix and workaround posted but nothing has helped. Honestly I feel a bit ripped off considering I bought a product that refuses to work. I know my specs are well above the required and other games seem to run just fine. Whats the deal? :(

Aqua Snake
07-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Just a guess.

Are you using an AMD graphics card?

And I take it that you went to

Right Click in game library > Properties > Local Files Tab > Verify Game Cache?

theProperGanda
07-06-2011, 07:48 PM
ATi 5850
and yes that was the first step in the frustration process.

Aqua Snake
07-06-2011, 07:57 PM
From users that were having issues, nearly all of them had AMD graphics cards.

I'd check out this thread for contact information (If you don't have it already).

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1976112

theProperGanda
07-06-2011, 09:30 PM
No reply as of 14 hours ago. I really should not have to jump through hoops and barrels to get a game to run.

sharkietoo
07-06-2011, 09:58 PM
No reply as of 14 hours ago. I really should not have to jump through hoops and barrels to get a game to run.

Sometimes you do have to jump through hoops, every system is different. But to blame the game & claim your "ripped off considering I bought a product that refuses to work" is unfair to the game & the developers.

I bought it yesterday as well, installed & worked fine....is your digital download copy different to mine & others??

theProperGanda
07-07-2011, 12:39 AM
Sometimes you do have to jump through hoops, every system is different.

Wait, what? So your saying that a dev can take my money and in return give me a product that doesn't work? It's not like my system and video card are old. Hell I can run games in DX11. Seems to me that this is sloppy programming as well as follow up support for a title. I will never do business with this shady company ever again. Furthermore upon more google searching I am not alone in the amount of problems this game has had.