PDA

View Full Version : Well, Im done with this god-forsaken game

drgnzach
07-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Ive been wanting this game for more than a year now, I finally get it today, play through every level in one sitting, spending hours trying to get A's on two horrible levels (Which I can go without saying because when you Google "Wonderful end of the world A+" they are the only ones that come up. I finally get to megalopolis, beat it, and then am greeted with the achievement you get when beating the game, and nothing else. Surprise, surprise, as it turns out, simply beating the game in one sitting isnt enough, you have to have a save game prior to beating it. So had I beat one level, reset, THEN did it, I wouldve gotten the achievement, which is the stupidest ♥♥♥♥ing game mechanic I have ever seen. Its not enought that you have 10 levels that are jarate-easy and 2 that are near damn impossible, you had to slap me in the face with that. Thanks.

DarkPGR
07-08-2011, 05:56 AM
you can thank dejooban for the broken game and achievement... they wanted to be ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s and stop people from getting the achievement using a save file, and ended up breaking the achievement...

I'm personally avoiding their games like the plague from now on...

V1CT3M
07-08-2011, 06:38 AM
You're going to avoid their games because they wanted to stop you from cheating? The achievement does say "reset".
I do however think it is tricky anyway, but it doesn't make sense for them to open up a summer ticket for something a lot of people have already done (beat the game for the first time in one sitting). I do find it to be a strange thing though that they want to bring attention to the fact that the game can be done in 1 sitting (low playtime) and that its difficult to play it again (very low replayability).
I can go on about how the scope of it is pretty disproportionate to the general spirit of most of the summer tickets and how a game with themed levels couldn't actually work in anything summer related. That being said though i wouldn't write off Dejobaan because of something as silly as a steam summer achievement ticket; the Disregard for Gravity ticket was fun. Wonderful End of the World definitely is a weak point.

DarkPGR
07-08-2011, 07:16 AM
No, because they care about that and couldn't care about fixing any of the bugs this stupid game has... I mean, not even Windowed mode!? That couldn't take them longer than implementing a "fix" for this yet they didn't do it... and their whole attitude towards it is just plain insulting.

The Disregard for gravity ticket wasn't fun either, and it was only slighly less offensive and stupid as this one... I fulfiled the requirements for both, yet TWEOTW still hasn't unlocked (and I'm not the only one... they broke something in there).

iviv
07-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Good riddance, tbh. I've not had any problems with any of Dejoban's games, and found them all to be great dun. The summer achievement took me less than an hour to do, and I've only played it for a couple of hours. Yes, there are some issues with slowdown in this game, but its not the end of the world.

Froh
07-08-2011, 10:54 AM
I almost feel guilty for that because I posted that save file to help people.
Sorry for that fix then :/
This game is not bad, you should play it sometimes, without the need of this achiev.

Galebourn
07-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Yes, I made the same mistake..
Of course I read the "reset the game" part but I just bought the game and this was a fresh install. There wasn't anything to reset anyway.

Kaihekoa
07-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the warning, avoiding this game now.

velsoft
07-08-2011, 03:34 PM
I didn't have a save game, I just clicked reset then played through

Getsuga Tensho
07-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Well I suppose they should be congratulated on making the most awful and most boring achievement in the summer challenges. I mean seriously, who the hell thought "hey, we should make people have a save file, delete it then play the whole game again for an achievement. They'll love that.". I could do this achievement but I imagine I'm not alone when I say "screw that".

Also what's with every single Dejobaan game having control issues and lack of any options that people actually want?

DurDen
07-08-2011, 05:07 PM
I only own what this company made because of the Potato Sack. Not worth a dime.

Wonderful end is a ♥♥♥♥ty Katamari rip off, and 123 kick it it just reskined AAAaA: A Reckless Disregard for Fun and Quality.

freeyourmind775
07-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Sadly, the company that makes this publishes ONLY bad games. If it was just one, I'd forgive them, but nearly all their games are rushed piles of traqsh, with their best game being a reckless disreguard for gravity, but i don't reccomend getting it, because buying anything from this company is just encouraging their bad game design, bad development, and overall bad game production.

Schrikvis
12-22-2011, 10:24 AM
100%'d the game.

No problems whatsoever.
Don't know what you're talking about. Still best game running on goldsource.

PurSpyk!!
12-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Goldsource, I dont think so?