PDA

View Full Version : Game worth $20?

TheInsaneDump
07-08-2011, 01:08 PM
DRM and activations aside, would you recommend the purchase? It's probably the most expensive RPG featured as a daily deal, aside from The Witcher 2.

I also heard the 50% discount was what the game had prior to being featured as a daily. Is that true?

OilySuperWillie
07-08-2011, 01:15 PM
I'd say it is worth it. $20 is what I bought it for during the winter sale.

whateva
07-08-2011, 01:17 PM
I also heard the 50% discount was what the game had prior to being featured as a daily. Is that true?
Yeah it was $19.99 on one of the weekend deals before this so im kind of like meh on buying it currently, cause basically the current sale price is just an reiteration of an old sale and that's lame. It could at least go up to 75%.

Kotep
07-08-2011, 03:54 PM
It was 33% off before today, right before the sale it was a weekend/midweek deal at 50% off too.

I'd definitely recommend it if you like clever writing and exploration, as that's where the game really shines.

skyrider55
07-09-2011, 01:02 AM
I bought the game and I'm playing it on a nice 5760x1080 eyefinity resolution.

So far I can say the graphics are terrible, and the combat system is clunky and very annoying, making grinding even more of a pain.

Considering returning it.

laterza
07-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Game is 100% worth the $20-$30. Graphics are "unique". This is the same engine that Fallout and Oblivion uses. Fighting system is a bit "clunky" as stated, but overall - worth every penny. Enjoying the deep exploration, huge world and painless questing. It's up there as a must own for any RPG fan. Also - why does everyone complain about DRM? Running via STEAM so not sure why anyone brings DRM and activations up as an issue? Am I missing something? NEVER had any problems w/ Steam and praise the fact that I don't need to log into another account or worry about a CD in the drive. Been on STEAM since it came free with my ATI card bundle w/ Half-Life 2. NO ISSUES what-so-ever. Refuse to purchase anything unless it's on Steam (minus Blizzard games and top-notch collectors edition titles). Either way, enjoying every minute of this RPG... I would recommend it.

TheInsaneDump
07-09-2011, 10:09 AM
I went up and bought it from Amazon, because it was a cheaper price. Thanks guys.

puffader
07-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Its a good game. I like it alot.Draws you in pretty good for an RPG