PDA

View Full Version : mysetery problem

jdd91
07-08-2011, 12:09 PM
So, before the problems with the downloading of the game it was working fine and i was having no issues. Now, its installed again, which i am grateful for, but when i click play the frame of the window appears and then just disappears right away. the configuration tool opens though. Any ideas???

Joshyy
07-08-2011, 04:21 PM
So, before the problems with the downloading of the game it was working fine and i was having no issues. Now, its installed again, which i am grateful for, but when i click play the frame of the window appears and then just disappears right away. the configuration tool opens though. Any ideas???

Check the stdout.txt file or similarly named. It is located within the Arcadia directory.

jdd91
07-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Check the stdout.txt file or similarly named. It is located within the Arcadia directory.

heres what it says,

Unable to convert to OpenGL display format, glGetError said: GL_INVALID_ENUM

thanks for the help :D

Joshyy
07-08-2011, 11:35 PM
heres what it says,

Unable to convert to OpenGL display format, glGetError said: GL_INVALID_ENUM

thanks for the help :D

You appear to be the only one getting this error.

Can I get your specs, try deleting splash.png

jdd91
07-10-2011, 08:29 PM
You appear to be the only one getting this error.

Can I get your specs, try deleting splash.png

damn, well i deleted splash and still no luck, heres my specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600

System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm)64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, 2210 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 2.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.24 GB

and ive got a ATI x850 graphics card.

i hope this is the right info, kind of a computer noob. thanks again tho.

Joshyy
07-10-2011, 09:37 PM
and ive got a ATI x800 graphics card.

There's the cause. ATI doesn't like OpenGL that much.

Check out this page, it might solve your problem since it's the same error.

http://forum.celestialimpact.com/viewtopic.php?t=54

Slaytanicds
07-11-2011, 03:10 PM
I got the exact problem and got this in stdout.txt
''Unable to convert to OpenGL display format, glGetError said: GL_INVALID_VALUE''

I got nvidia card.... and I used to play arcadia without a problem before. I tried to reinstall still no use...

I just installed openal from oalinst but still not working.

Joshyy
07-11-2011, 03:50 PM
I got the exact problem and got this in stdout.txt
''Unable to convert to OpenGL display format, glGetError said: GL_INVALID_VALUE''

I got nvidia card.... and I used to play arcadia without a problem before. I tried to reinstall still no use...

I just installed openal from oalinst but still not working.

Oh wow, so it's not a problem with ATI.

It could be the OpenGL Image loader.. But I have no idea how to resolve it yet.. I'll try and find a solution ASAP.

Slaytanicds
07-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Ah my mistake I have the error on my laptop. It has an intel card. It works on my desktop which has nvidia. But the thing is, I played it on my laptop for 5 hrs and never had any problem until this error.

jdd91
07-11-2011, 11:52 PM
i dont think its an ATI problem because before the updates i could play it fine, unless you changed something with the OpenGL or it changed in some way, but i have Lots of games which i believe use OpenGL without issue.

Joshyy
07-13-2011, 08:52 PM
i dont think its an ATI problem because before the updates i could play it fine, unless you changed something with the OpenGL or it changed in some way, but i have Lots of games which i believe use OpenGL without issue.

I think I may have found the cause. I just have no idea how to fix it. JDD can you drop me a pm with your community page? I'll work with you to fix it directly, and then everyone can benefit :)

Slaytanicds
07-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Still can't play =(

Joshyy
07-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Still can't play =(

That doesn't help me fix your problem.

If it's the above problem, I'm trying to get in contact with those who have the issue to resolve it.

Critical Failur
07-20-2011, 06:57 AM
I am having the same problem. Intel graphics laptop here. Game worked fine for a long time. Suddenly Steam updated the game and now it won't load. Some update.

jdd91
07-22-2011, 12:10 AM
If it's the above problem, I'm trying to get in contact with those who have the issue to resolve it.[/QUOTE]

i sent you a PM, if you didnt get it my steam id is Cormac_Mccarthy[4²º]

Joshyy
07-22-2011, 02:13 AM
If it's the above problem, I'm trying to get in contact with those who have the issue to resolve it.

i sent you a PM, if you didnt get it my steam id is Cormac_Mccarthy[4²º][/QUOTE]
I didn't receive it. Added.

Slaytanicds
07-23-2011, 04:19 AM
I am having the same problem. Intel graphics laptop here. Game worked fine for a long time. Suddenly Steam updated the game and now it won't load. Some update.

same here, it seems the update had a problem with intel card

Joshyy
07-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Here's something to try:
Open the data folder.
Open Splash.png in photoshop or similar that saves in PNG.
Remove it's transparency by putting a background.
Save.

Slaytanicds
07-28-2011, 06:06 AM
Here's something to try:
Open the data folder.
Open Splash.png in photoshop or similar that saves in PNG.
Remove it's transparency by putting a background.
Save.

tried it many times, doesn't work. the .png just turns back to its original state after I edited by putting a background and launch the game.

Critical Failur
07-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Still having the same problem. A solution would be nice.

Joshyy
07-30-2011, 12:15 AM

No one's been on to help.

To those who have the problem, when you tried the beta ( if you did ), did you get this problem?

I honestly believe it is to do with Splash.png and once I get back to my work computer I'll patch it out to see if that fixes it.

Apologies for the slow work. I've been out of town.

Joshyy
08-01-2011, 11:40 PM
I've determined that it is an error in the code, and as such, I've cracked out the code and will work on a patch. I can't give an ETA, I just hope you'll be very patient :) As a thank you for being patient, I'll see if I can run a free weekend or a huge discount and some guest passes.

jdd91
08-01-2011, 11:53 PM

ive been in contact with joshyy and we have discovered the root of the problem, he is working on a patch right now. :D “All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope”

Critical Failur
08-08-2011, 12:25 PM
ive been in contact with joshyy and we have discovered the root of the problem, he is working on a patch right now. :D “All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope”

Thanks guys. I didn't mean to be rude. I just wanted to let you know I was feeling frustrated because I couldn't play. I know you are doing your best. Thanks for fixing it.

Joshyy
08-10-2011, 02:17 AM
I have begun coding the patch. I don't know how long it will take, because I'm improving upon some of the features. So please bear with me.

Joshyy
08-10-2011, 04:02 AM
I have begun coding the patch. I don't know how long it will take, because I'm improving upon some of the features. So please bear with me.

I've also determined why you unlock the Consolation Prize achievement over and over. I left a reset function in the code.

proxy687
08-11-2011, 02:16 AM
I've also determined why you unlock the Consolation Prize achievement over and over. I left a reset function in the code.
lol:D

jrasor
10-05-2011, 05:40 PM
I just got the game today and, so far, can't get it to launch. My stdout.txt reads "Unable to convert to OpenGL display format, glGetError said: GL_INVALID_VALUE". Is this the same as the mysetery problem? Has the patch discussed above been released?

Thanks!

Saijin_Naib
10-05-2011, 07:28 PM
No, jrasor. Its likely your hardware. Using a laptop with integrated graphics perchance?

jrasor
10-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Bummer. I have an older computer but it's got a Pentium D and a separate GPU so I was hoping for the best. Thanks for getting back to me!

Saijin_Naib
10-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Bummer. I have an older computer but it's got a Pentium D and a separate GPU so I was hoping for the best. Thanks for getting back to me!
What is the separate GPU?

jrasor
10-05-2011, 08:14 PM
There is an ATI Radeon X300 card in my computer. Real basic.

jrasor
10-05-2011, 08:21 PM
I should have said this before; if I'm the only person reporting this error, don't even worry about it. My steam library already has a few games that will have to wait until I get a new computer. This computer is a stinker and I know it.

Saijin_Naib
10-05-2011, 08:32 PM
You're not the only person, it just means that whatever chipset you're using doesn't support the proper OpenGL version. I guess the x300 is one to add to the list :P

jrasor
10-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for chatting with me!

Joshyy
10-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for chatting with me!

As I said in another thread, some chipsets really don't like OpenGL. I've been trying to resolve the issue, but a solution as not become obvious. The only solution I see is to work on a new patch which fixes the issues, as described in the thread about the patch, which involves implementing a new GUI library.