PDA

View Full Version : Fix translation.steampowered.com!

Right2Live
07-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Seriously... I've given up on trying to get into moderation. The session times out in a second. Once I'm done translating, and click "Submit", the page refreshes and has forgotten that I was there in the first place.

After doing it again, copying the text I wrote, hit submit, see the page refresh, so I can paste the text in and press submit before the session times out, it has decided to give me another text to translate instead -.-'

So... Lots of time wasted. Done translating the new text, forgetting about the short session timeout, submitting, losing the translation because the page forgot I was there, then giving me the old text again!..

Then after a few hours, finally getting a submission through, I wait 3-4 days, without a response, so I decide to go check the page again.

I then get a message saying that my translation is still pending moderation, but if I want to, I can make edits to my translation. I find a mistake, correct it, press submit, and bam, the page has reset, forgotten my translation and no longer indicates that my submission is under moderation. And basically, I have to start all over again.

So much to help out...

Rocket!
07-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Hrm!

You know how programmers have to go out of their way to make sure games work with each and every graphics card out there? Websites can work kinda the same way-- web engineers try to make their sites friendly with all the browsers they reasonably can.

So, two questions to try and help you out from where I am:

1) What browser are you using? Don't forget the version number! (This can help the nice people over at Valve figure out the hows and whys of the problem.)

2) Which language are you submitting a translation for? (This can help lil' ol' me see if your translations are making it to where moderators can see it! I'm no moderator, but translators can see when and who submits translations the first go around.)

With these two questions, we should be able to try and figure out the problem! ^^

Hachach19
07-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Well, save your translations then. I used lots and lots of time submitting my first translation, and the session never timed out.

I agree. Tell us which language you're translating for so that we can check if it comes through. Try another browser as well.