PDA

View Full Version : Price?

nukkus
07-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Wtf, the main page says the whole franchise is on for $4.99, you click on it and the price jumps to $9.99.

trebor8273
07-09-2011, 11:09 AM
yep same in uk- 4.99 on main page then click to buy and its 9.99??

Nafe
07-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Just came here to post the same, except it's 4.99 and 9.99 for us here in the UK. I knew there was a euro=dollar thing going on with Steam, didn't think it applied to the UK pound too.

Bloodycrow
07-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Came here to say this.

Some visual evidence:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2m2xuyx.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2r732a1.png

Barser
07-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Came here to say this.

Some visual evidence:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2m2xuyx.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2r732a1.png

You miss something.

Jajuka
07-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I was going to bite on that deal, but not at twice the price. There have been a few deals that say they're 1/2 price on the main page, and then they're different when you go to the game's store page.

Bloodycrow
07-09-2011, 11:17 AM
You miss something.

What, exactly? The main page clearly says "X Superbox for this price" while the store page says "X Superbox for a different price".

Barser
07-09-2011, 11:18 AM
What, exactly? The main page clearly says "X Superbox for this price" while the store page says "X Superbox for a different price".

I mean your first picture. It only shows the steam top bar.

Edit: Ehh now I get all the picture. How weird. I even refreshed it a few times so sorry about that.

halororor
07-09-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm only ever going to play Terran Conflict, but if the entire box goes for the same price as just TC, I'm getting them all. I'll wait until tomorrow to see which way they fix it.

Nafe
07-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Indeed - I triple checked, but it's definitely advertising the superbox for 4.99 - not just one of the games as happens with a lot of the other franchise sales.

Bloodycrow
07-09-2011, 11:21 AM
I mean your first picture. It only shows the steam top bar.

Edit: Ehh now I get all the picture. How weird. I even refreshed it a few times so sorry about that.

Ah, I see. No harm done. =)

ArmorArmadillo
07-09-2011, 11:22 AM
The pricing is FUBAR, i was going to grab it since i already own a couple of the games but lack expansions and stuff then pow jumps to 9.99

Tooluka
07-09-2011, 11:23 AM

Main page says that something in the franchise sells for 5$ with 75% discount. That is normal behavior in every Steam sale so be ready for the future.

And how could Superbox possibly cost 5$ with 75% discount if it cost 20$ with 50% discount? Just do the math.

dancingcrab
Figure it's Steam making a mistake with its choice of pic - Superbox is actually $10, it is X3:TC that's $5. They should have used the TC pic on the sale page.

halororor
Well, if they don't change it asap I'm buying it and demanding a $5 refund for false advertising. :P

Nafe
07-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Main page says that something in the franchise sells for 5$ with 75% discount. That is normal behavior in every Steam sale so be ready for the future.

And how could Superbox possibly cost 5$ with 75% discount if it cost 20$ with 50% discount? Just do the math.

Except in other franchise sales, they advertise a single game with the franchise notice in the corner (see Hitman: Blood Money) and then have other games in the franchise or a pack for a sale price too. This one explicitly advertises the Superbox for 4.99.

SilentHunter382
07-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Well it showing the same for me but it's just the wrong price shown. The superbox is at the right price. They just need to change it to €9.99 on the main page.
I know this because it was €19.99 at 50% off.

Tooluka
07-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Except in other franchise sales, they say advertise a single game, with the franchise notice in the corner (see Hitman: Blood Money) and then have other games in the franchise or a pack for a sale price too. This one explicitly advertises the Superbox for 4.99.

Yes, it can be "false advertising" or some other legal term, that doesn't change things. Superbox costs (and will cost, until tomorrow) 10$ with 75%, TC - 5$.

halororor
07-09-2011, 11:29 AM
I actually hope they give us the superbox for $4.99.

Tooluka
07-09-2011, 11:31 AM

Nope.avi. I think 10$ is already ridiculously low.

Nafe
07-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Yes, it can be "false advertising" or some other legal term, that doesn't change things. Superbox costs (and will cost, until tomorrow) 10$ with 75%, TC - 5$.
Oh I'm not arguing that, I'm just saying that you comparing it to other franchise sales isn't entirely accurate - this is clearly a mistake/mis-price.

MSPreacher
07-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Yeah, except 10 is not $10.

falcongrey
07-09-2011, 11:34 AM

Not going to happen. It isn't false advertising, simply wrong picture. Happens. False advertising is a deliberate attempt to mislead you into buying something (a product) that isn't really the product advertised.

As for the price difference, it will only happen if they are being nice. They don't have to give it by law. The only laws that require it is if the price on a product is different from a register scanner price. This is online and not at a checkout register with a scanner. Sorry pal, I do feel for you and have been in the same boat.

Ridnarhtim
07-09-2011, 11:35 AM
It's been like that throughout the sales - the price indicated is that of X3 - Terran Conflict. The Prince of Persia Complete Pack is marked as 3.74, which is the price of Forgotten Sands, the Sam & Max Complete Pack is marked as 6.24, which is the price of Devil's Playhouse ... Whenever a franchise sale is marked on the front page, the price indicated is that of the newest/most expensive item, generally.

stethnorun
07-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Nope.avi.

http://objectivistgamer.com/?p=550

halororor
07-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Sorry pal, I do feel for you and have been in the same boat.

Nah, it's not that bad. I won't really push my luck by trying to get a refund for false advertising. I alrady own a retail version of Reunion, and I'm only going to play TC ever again. :P

Nafe
07-09-2011, 11:39 AM
It's been like that throughout the sales - the price indicated is that of X3 - Terran Conflict. The Prince of Persia Complete Pack is marked as 3.74, which is the price of Forgotten Sands, the Sam & Max Complete Pack is marked as 6.24, which is the price of Devil's Playhouse ... Whenever a franchise sale is marked on the front page, the price indicated is that of the newest/most expensive item, generally.
Yeah, but as I said above, they make that clear in those cases, this one is just a mistake (either of using the wrong picture, or putting the wrong price there). Look at Blood Money - they're advertising a single game at a low price and there's a franchise sale going on too, there's no confusion about the Hitman pack being offered for that low a price.

Nah, it's not that bad. I won't really push my luck by trying to get a refund for false advertising. I alrady own a retail version of Reunion, and I'm only going to play TC ever again. :P

Question - I've not played any of these games. If I jump straight on to Terran Conflict am I missing out on any significant content?

IDtenT
07-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Well, if they don't change it asap I'm buying it and demanding a $5 refund for false advertising. :P
If this was an actual store franchise they might have had such a policy, but Steam... eh.

stethnorun
07-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Question - I've not played any of these games. If I jump straight on to Terran Conflict am I missing out on any significant content?

No not really. You can catch up to the "plot" of the game by reading a wiki or even just watching the intro movie in TC. TC is really all you need.

teroteki
07-09-2011, 12:03 PM
They're breaking things (http://www.picamatic.com/show/2011/07/09/10/02/7680650_951x775.jpg) D:

trebor8273
07-09-2011, 12:08 PM
if you highlight it on the main page it gives a discrption of "superbox", but now i cant see a price on the frontpage for it-its just blank were it should be,

Stryk
07-09-2011, 12:15 PM
The new link only takes you to the Superbox page. It sort of hides that the individual items are on sale for 75% off too.

MSPreacher
07-09-2011, 12:18 PM
I would buy this if it were actually the equivalent of $10 here. But at its current price, 10 (GBP), that's nearly twice the U.S. asking price.

A) I don't condone the price shenanigans publishers like this pull between different currencies (especially when the price gap is so wide).

B) It's not worth 10 to me.

That's why I won't be picking this up, and I'd advise anyone else in the UK to do the same. For this price you can pick up boxed copies.

Nafe
07-09-2011, 12:18 PM
No not really. You can catch up to the "plot" of the game by reading a wiki or even just watching the intro movie in TC. TC is really all you need.

Goodo, thanks! :D.

That's why I won't be picking this up, and I'd advise anyone else in the UK to do the same. For this price you can pick up boxed copies.

Don't forget they often have sales tax added on after, ours has VAT included. We still end up paying more, but it's not quite as drastic a difference. Cheapest I can find X3-Gold (which is only the two X3 games, not the other stuff from the superbox) is 15. If you know where to get it cheaper on retail, please tell me before I buy Terran Conflict :D.

predcon
07-09-2011, 12:19 PM
So, they quietly blank the pricing, without so much as a "Sorry, we goofed, and you caught us".

Oh wait, NOW they put up a new graphic with X3's logo and pricing, and the Superbox logo up in a corner. But still no admission of failure.

Nafe
07-09-2011, 12:24 PM
So, they quietly blank the pricing, without so much as a "Sorry, we goofed, and you caught us".
Give them a break, it's been under an hour and a half. Not the retail crime of the century :).

Bloodycrow
07-09-2011, 12:24 PM
I suppose they've "fixed" it now.

http://i54.tinypic.com/21od7hs.png

Too bad it's not the superbox for that price, but that is still a pretty good deal.

stethnorun
07-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Don't forget they often have sales tax added on after, ours has VAT included.

Americans are not taxed on Steam purchases.

Light-
07-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Americans are not taxed on Steam purchases.

Yes we are..

Left 4 Dead 2 for example.
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8177/captureuh.jpg

Perhaps you're in a state with no sales tax? (Oregon)

stethnorun
07-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Yes we are..

Left 4 Dead 2 for example.
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8177/captureuh.jpg

Perhaps you're in a state with no sales tax? (Oregon)

Oh...well that sucks for you. I'm in NJ.

Light-
07-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Oh...well that sucks for you. I'm in NJ.

Sucks for me? Didn't realize a couple bucks made a difference.
Maybe you get ♥♥♥♥ pay in NJ?

Also, if you CLAIM to not have tax in there, would be nice if you give some proof in there. Not to say you're not right... but the internet is the internet after all.

stethnorun
07-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Sucks for me? Didn't realize a couple bucks made a difference.
Maybe you get ♥♥♥♥ pay in NJ?

Also, if you CLAIM to not have tax in there, would be nice if you give some proof in there. Not to say you're not right... but the internet is the internet after all.

Wow calm down there tiger. I was sympathizing with you. The internet is indeed the internet and it seems you jump right to reading sarcasm and hostility into everyone.

And why the hell would I care about proving it to you? I'm not trying to convince you to move to NJ (the state is awful for a whole lot of reasons). You can believe me or not, it doesn't matter to me in the slightest.