PDA

View Full Version : Solar Shock Wave

Arnach
07-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Anyone have luck getting this achievement? I destroyed a M Solar Power Plant, a L solar power plant, and an XL solar power plant with my Phoenix an got nada for it.

I did have a few mods loaded up on this save at one point, but currently playing on vanilla. I wonder if that would cause it.

Mr. Credo
07-09-2011, 12:21 PM
You say you had mods installed on that save. There's your problem, it'll give that save the "modified" tag, which instantly locks you from getting any achievements.

You'll have to do it from a fresh game.

howling techie
07-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Does anyone have a save that is unmodified and has a fully loaded station destroyer?

Leded
07-09-2011, 12:42 PM
easy way to get this although it may take some time. even a smaller ship can take one out.

on the solar plant you can fit a ship inside one of the solar collecting ring things (yeah like i know the term) and the station can actually be used as a shield if you are attacked.

i had a feeling this was going to be a summer achievement when i saw it on the list there so i ended up getting it a few days ago.

also when i blew one up my standing with the race how owned the station was maxed and by the time i destroyed it i had not taken enough bad hits to become hostile.

1N54N3
07-09-2011, 01:19 PM
I blew up a M SPP without any mods whatsoever installed and I didnt get the achievement either. Gah :|

DavidLD
07-09-2011, 07:24 PM
I did this a couple of times before I got the achieve. I think my mistake was using a fleet of ships, and evidently, if one of my other ships got the kill shot, I didn't get the credit. I loaded a savegame again, switched over to one of my M2's and manually fired until the SPP went down and got the achieve.

For what it's worth...

Gruber
07-09-2011, 08:18 PM
I shot like, 80 missiles against the Solar Panel and won the achievement! great :D

br4nd
07-09-2011, 08:23 PM
I did this a couple of times before I got the achieve. I think my mistake was using a fleet of ships, and evidently, if one of my other ships got the kill shot, I didn't get the credit. I loaded a savegame again, switched over to one of my M2's and manually fired until the SPP went down and got the achieve.

For what it's worth...

Would you be willing to upload that save? Would be much appreciated!:)

VampLena
07-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Yes would anyone share that save? Considering how many people use mods in this game, it would be completely impossible to grind yourself up to a better ship before monday with the vanilla game.

So please help

DarkTorbin
07-10-2011, 05:10 AM
I sat there in my Pirates Moomba (I think it's called) for about 5 minutes tearing apart the outside of a Solar Power Plant slowly with the default fitted lazers, thing blew up... but no achievement. This is off a fresh install on a new computer which has never seen the light of my old TC mods.

Not sure if this achievement is bugged or if steam is just a little behind due to the high amount of summer sales traffic.

I know last night it was almost 45 minutes after I should have received "Lady of the Lake" in MnB:Warband before steam alerted me of the achievement. May be the same deal tonight.

Totalitator
07-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Be sure you mark it as hostile before you attack it by using shift-C and changing it to a foe.