PDA

View Full Version : Should I also get BC2 'Nam?

GettingToBidnes
07-10-2011, 06:20 PM
I plan on buying BC2, but can't decide if I should also just get the Vietnam expansion too. Is it really good and/or worth it?

P.S. I know what Battlefield is about. I'm not the kid who will get pissed cause I cant run through a map and shoot everyone. I'm looking forward to the strategy of squad combat :D

PXT263
07-10-2011, 06:30 PM
I thought it was alright, but they aren't too many players left that play Vietnam.

Einzekswei
07-10-2011, 07:08 PM
I thought it was alright, but they aren't too many players left that play Vietnam.

Currently there are 928 people playing Vietnam. Not counting those who are waiting to join a server, and not counting those who are either at work, school, or asleep.

Edit: Yes, for it's current price it's a steal. Heck even full price it's worth it ;)

NorthernKingdom
07-10-2011, 07:16 PM
No

Very bad maps
Bad balance
Bad weapons
Bad server population

Bad everything basically.

sharkietoo
07-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Yes...
I bought BC2 6 months ago, been playing Vietnam the whole time. The other night me & 2 mates decided to play vanilla BC2. On a 32 man server it was us three & 29 snipers...lol.
Back to vietnam where there are only about 15 to 20 snipers per server.

Hellstrong
07-10-2011, 09:20 PM
yes

Theres plenty of servers
the dlc has a totally diffrent feel and is more then just an extention of the existing content.
New weapons
Cool music!
Almost as good as Battlefield: Vietnam
ITS THE 60s!!!!

TheSisko
07-10-2011, 10:30 PM
I enjoyed it for about a month and then went back to vanilla BC2. I would have really liked if they would have fleshed the expansion out with more maps and brought back lot of the vehicles that were in the original BF:V. I would have gladly paid more if it turned out to be closer to the original and more than just 5 maps and a few novelty weapons.

KwisatzHaderach
07-11-2011, 12:02 AM
No.

Gameplay is much less versatile:
- there is no smoke perk for the assault, which makes playing assault in my eyes quite boring
- there is no AT4, which makes playing the engi against choppers useless. Itīs the medics LMG now, that counters choppers.
- there are no motion mines which makes the recon even less of a team player

Maps are a pain in rush mode:
- the different stages are often VERY close to each other, so spawn points and MCOMs are too close to each other
- there are alot of choke points on some maps, resulting in constant grenade spam on both sides

You die alot quicker (similar to hardcore vanilla). I donīt like that because it prevents dramatic shootouts where tactics can outplay the first-see-first-shoot=winner principal.

In my eyes itīs a simpler, more loose kind of battlefield, even more focused on infantry and without the tactical options that make BC2 so entertaining for hours and hours on end.

Although, I have to admit, it was fun for some limited time to crawl around the jungle and get K/D of 15.
In the end it really boils down to your style of playing the game.

tragikos
07-11-2011, 04:34 AM
No, gets boring too soon and has nothing to do with the original BFBC2. So chances are that if you like the original you won't like Nam. If you like COD though, you might also prefer Nam...

bosky
07-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Definitely save the $5 for half a fast food meal or close to two gallons of gas, because that's a much more worthwhile purchase.
/sarcasm

The answer is: IT'S $5 WHO CARES.