PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress animated movie

Papa Cizar
07-11-2011, 06:57 PM
It would be nice if valve created animated movie about TF2. I'd paid for a ticket! What do you think?

Smashbrother101
07-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Would be... wierd... but I'd be up for it! (I don't consider Valve the most interesting script makers however...)

Ironmngr
07-11-2011, 07:04 PM
TF2 doesn't have a wide enough audience for a full fledged feature length film. I'd love to see a 10-30 minute animated mini movie though. Showing all the classes work together as a team.

Yoshermon
07-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Valve has shown time and again that they are capable of creating films both creative and witty as well as professional in quality, using a video game engine of all things to do it. While Team Fortress was never meant to have much of a story so as not to interfere with gameplay, I definitely think that they should try making a film--based off of TF2 or otherwise--just to see if they can.

acusa
07-13-2011, 01:38 AM
Making a movie is soo expensive.But valve is publishing a comic book.

The_Unoriginal
07-13-2011, 11:40 AM
It would be nice if valve created animated movie about TF2. I'd pirate it! What do you think?

And that is why people don't want to make movies for those that are computer-savvy. If they were all to pay to watch movies, more producers might consider the "computer nerds" before letting Mr. Explosion Bay direct the next Transformers movie.

DarkBandicoot
08-23-2011, 06:59 AM
I too have desired for a TF2 film! Taking money into account, it's a lot to make a film, but I don't know much about all this, but with TF2, you've already got a head start with an already existing fanbase!

However, as great as TF2 is, it isn't the most well known video game out there. I only came across it through YouTube, as I haven't seen it advertised on TV or magazines, so compared to a game like Final Fantasy or Zelda, it doesn't touch that mark.

Having said that, now being Free To Play, this has brought in more fans which helps to create a bigger fanbase. Although, I have to say, the film would have to be CGI... it CANNOT be live! You don't want actors screwing it up, plus, you want to see them as they're suppose to be. :)

I know TF2 isn't much on story, but as time's gone on, it's becoming more like that due to the 'Meet The' videos, seeing relationships with Heavy & Medic & Spy & Scout's mother. We also know some of their names too, and I am curious to whether we'll find out the rest of the team's names.

Samngliv
08-23-2011, 09:17 AM
Any film idea is possible but the film would work only with a story good enough to grip an audience entierly new to the idea of Team fortress, so what would the plot line be for a Team Fortress 2 Movie? Any thoughts?

And come to think about it what would you call a Team Fortress 2 Movie? because the Game Title would not really work and the title 'Team Fortress' would that work or does that sound silly too?

DarkBandicoot
08-24-2011, 04:15 AM
Just "Team Fortress" would work, because you can't put the 2 in there... it'll look like a sequel! Movie titles like this work... like "The Inbetweeners", which is a TV series.

As for the plot... something simple would work, like your usual war, intel, fuuny one liners, etc. It also doesn't matter that people new to it see it, they'll understand the story in front of them... that's how it works right? Not knowing about the series first isn't important, because new movies are coming out all the time!

Armistice Day
08-24-2011, 09:15 AM
Think about it. Movie brings in more players. We get to kill more noobs. Valve gets more money. Everyone wins except the noobs.

NinjaCat
08-24-2011, 10:11 AM
I'd love to see it, the story could be a regular round of cap the flag or something, but I don't know how could they stretch it long enough to be a movie. I mean, it'd be weird if they respawned or if there were 3 heavies.

SkyeSlipstream
08-24-2011, 10:58 AM
I'd rather Valve make an original feature film rather than one based on TF2. We already have the Meet the Team, and while they are incredibly awesome, they're not built for carrying a 90-minute story.

Then again, not a big filmmaker myself. Just my opinion.

Brickinator
08-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Lolno. TF2 has very little plot and cliche characters. The Meet the Team videos are awesome, but why would you watch one for two hours? Not happening, I'm afraid. The only VALVe game I can imagine ever getting a film is Half Life.

devindude1
08-24-2011, 02:51 PM
The plot would have to build around any of the battles. But also explain stuff like the pyro, the clones, and other stuff

Zaezae84
08-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Lolno. TF2 has very little plot and cliche characters. The Meet the Team videos are awesome, but why would you watch one for two hours? Not happening, I'm afraid. The only VALVe game I can imagine ever getting a film is Half Life.

Butbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbu tbutbutbutbutbut

Gordon no speak words.

Tinker
08-25-2011, 02:51 AM
I'd kind of like to see a new trailer for the game itself in which the classes work together. Doesn't have to be long, but the main trailer is horribly outdated.

DarkBandicoot
08-25-2011, 04:36 AM
I'd love to see it, the story could be a regular round of cap the flag or something, but I don't know how could they stretch it long enough to be a movie. I mean, it'd be weird if they respawned or if there were 3 heavies.
The plot would have to build around any of the battles. But also explain stuff like the pyro, the clones, and other stuff
These are valid points. I'm stumped with Pyro, and simpily capping the flag can't just be it, there'd have to be more... maybe something a bit more original, or just something silly. Afterall, TF2 is hilarious alone!

As for the "clones/3 heavies", stick to one type of class per BLU/RED, but you're still stuck with "clones" on the other team, so maybe look at as to why that is. Maybe Engineer has something to do with it, as it wouldn't suprise me! Same goes for the respawning.

Since TF2 is design to have classes as just types of people, not individuals, it proves to be quite an issue, but as I said, with the points I posted above, maybe it's possible.

Think about it. Movie brings in more players. We get to kill more noobs. Valve gets more money. Everyone wins except the noobs.
LOL! I like your thinking!

Smashbrother101
08-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Now for the plot... Hmm? :(

I'll have to think on that...

CountDancula
08-31-2011, 12:17 AM
Egh, I'm a huge fan but it wouldn't be coherent for anyone who wasn't. We need a short movie to promote the game that they can spread on the web.

Dark Lyra
08-31-2011, 02:23 AM
Now for the plot... Hmm? :(

I'll have to think on that...

I think the plot would have to revolve around the team attempting to search for one of the most sacred hats of all time.

TheKigYarGamer
08-31-2011, 03:34 AM
The only VALVe game I can imagine ever getting a film is Half Life.

Half-Life already has a film. Or, to be precise, an episodic series. It's called Freeman's Mind *restrained laughter*

*clears throat* Anyway, if there was any movie concept in the TF2 universe, it would have to be the Soldier's backstory. I mean, come on, a madman with a rocket launcher going on a N.azi killing spree? Awesome.

He could have a fight with the Medic! Ooooooh, I said it.

DarkBandicoot
09-03-2011, 05:37 AM
A look on Scout's backstory would also be great, & his relationship with his older brothers & mom. On the online TF2 comic, it's mentioned that Heavy has sisters, & that his father was killed. I'd also love to know more.

FrozenStorm
09-03-2011, 07:25 AM
It would make a good movie, but instead of it happening in the present, have it happen in the past, like how the different mercs became what they are today.

joker09
09-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Movies can't sell hats, unfortunately. Great idea, but because of it I doubt it'll happen.

Let's not forget this game takes place in the 60's, and there basically is considerable amounts of backstory from the comics. All VALVe's universes are connected.

EwaSC
09-04-2011, 12:53 PM
A tf2 movie would most likely be a prequel to the actual Team Fortress 2. About when the team first start out ad what not. It qould also have the Administrator as a character and most likely Saxton HALE! It could also have flashbacks into the team-members ancestors in medeival times (degroot) and I believe there is the old-fashioned-cowboy team aswell, but I am not quite sure on the time and if that is entirely correct. It would not be hard making a story, but I think it would be just one team (red), not Red AND Blu. So it would be like RED team vs The Administrators team?

I may sound completely stupid, but I think this is reasonable.

cco
09-04-2011, 01:53 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commedia_dell'arte

This with TF2 Characters.

RaziTheRed
09-06-2011, 01:16 AM
I'd kind of like to see a new trailer for the game itself in which the classes work together. Doesn't have to be long, but the main trailer is horribly outdated.

That old trailer doesn't really have the Medic and Pyro in it either. I mean, the Pyro's THERE, but not doing anything.

Chikunnism
09-12-2011, 09:25 PM
That old trailer doesn't really have the Medic and Pyro in it either. I mean, the Pyro's THERE, but not doing anything.

Does the Pyro need an explanation? He goes pewpew and shoots fire.

SmeckDevil
09-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Maybe it could go into how each class was hired. They do have some interesting back stories.
I for one see the Spy as being an incredible actor at some point, and that kind of talent is what got him noticed by Redmond/Blutarch.
IDK. I'm sure if VALVe did a TF2 movie, it'd be good regardless. They have good writers.

TheKigYarGamer
09-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Would be... wierd... but I'd be up for it! (I don't consider Valve the most interesting script makers however...)

You'd be "up for it"? Sounds like you want to be an actor in a live action TF2 movie. Clearly that's never gonna happen. But if it did...

...I CALL PYRO!

Seth_B
09-24-2011, 08:32 AM
Well, Halo's been bouncing around in development Hell for the last 3 year, so a theatrical release of a relatively lesser-known game will never happen. Even Direct-to-video is unlikely, it would most likely be a half hour film.

Unfortunately, I would demand it be handled with the same degree of humour and finesse as the Meet the Team videos and ingame dialogue, so it's have to be written by the Valve writers, and voiced by the team actors. And with Valve having so much stake in the development of my perfect movie, we all know it'll only happen at least 6 years from now...

Seth_B
09-24-2011, 08:38 AM
These are valid points. I'm stumped with Pyro, and simpily capping the flag can't just be it, there'd have to be more... maybe something a bit more original, or just something silly. Afterall, TF2 is hilarious alone!

As for the "clones/3 heavies", stick to one type of class per BLU/RED, but you're still stuck with "clones" on the other team, so maybe look at as to why that is. Maybe Engineer has something to do with it, as it wouldn't suprise me! Same goes for the respawning.
LOL! I like your thinking!

I think I've got it - Handle it "Cuanta Vida style", that is make the classes be simply uniforms, with individuals filling them out. Make the teams consist of mostly Soldiers, Pyros, and Scouts - you know, the shoes anyone could fill (too many one-eyed, Black, Scottish Demomen would be going back to "clones").

As for plot, make it a story about the team somewhere between TF2 2007 and their first set of weapons (i.e. Engineer alone in his shop, chopping off his hand for experiments, perhaps the Medic upgrading his Quick Fix to a Medigun, RED Demoman gunning for BLU Soldier a la WAR!) That's all I've got so far, but we can build on it?

mariobro123587
09-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Source Film Maker.
Make a full movie with that and I'll watch it.
did I mess up the name of the source film maker thing

El_bruno
10-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Although, I have to say, the film would have to be CGI... it CANNOT be live! You don't want actors screwing it up, plus, you want to see them as they're suppose to be. :)

Maybe so, but you can't deny that if it was something like this (http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/halolz-dot-com-teamfortress2-tf2movieposter.jpg) it'd be awesome.

Area 51
10-13-2011, 09:07 PM

Or it could be a 9v9 without any clones.

Derp.

EltonJuan
10-14-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm liking some of these suggestions.

I imagine a sort of recruiting premise; think Seven Samurai meets Oceans Eleven with a Battle Royale twist mixed in -- or better yet, The Dirty Dozen. Not that it has to copy structures of other movies, but one thing I can respect out of the Valve writers is that they appreciate genre conventions and give them a fresh vision.

The gameplay is great... for gameplay, but the BLU versus RED would require splitting of members or explaining it as cloning in a full-length animation, and this is where you lose out on the jeopardy: if they die, there's someone exactly like them to fill their place. Here, you have nine unique personalities that work off of one another and even against each other at times. Having them recruited by the Administrator as ragtag underdogs without a clue on how to work together against a common enemy would be a more compelling and engaging story. This way, you get a lot of B and C plots along with their shared objective of the A plot.

I guess the question is, who could be the antagonist outside of themselves? Valve seems to write colorful robot/androids well, so I would like to see that option open.

[First time post: I do script coverage/screenwriting for a living]

Farty16
10-14-2011, 03:15 PM
I like writing so I guess I wouldn't be that hard.

Dan_the_pest
10-14-2011, 07:20 PM
I always felt that a TF2 movie could start off humorous (like we're used to from the TF2 bunch) until about halfway or near the end where it would sort of take an darkly ironic turn, without changing any of the characters, but sort of focusing on the Administrator and how the TF2 classes are doomed to fight an endless war with their clones and they don't even know why and can never really live a normal life.

TheKigYarGamer
10-15-2011, 03:39 AM
I think it should take place in, say, 1985 or something like that, and be told mostly in flashbacks, with each of the classes detailing their viewpoint of some kind of incident involving the Administrator that resulted in the War ending (because it's gotta end sometime). Maybe the journalist or inspector or whoever actually notices some kind of conspiracy, picking up clues from each of the classes' stories, before finally discovering that Ms. Pauling or a similar aide to the Administration are planning to start another War. Then we have a big battle in the adandoned TF Industries HQ, during which the US Army invades the area and have to fight against waves of robotic versions of the Classes. That would be awesome.

Dreadweaver
10-15-2011, 02:42 PM
I'd watch a TF2 movie even if it was just half an hour long and made in Source. I'm not sure how they'd explain the fact the RED and BLU mercenaries are clones of each other, but the corruption of the Administrator would make a neat little plot. (Plus, I want to see the TF2 version of Australia in film form...) It wouldn't have to take the usual form of a movie, either. It could be more like 'The Blair Witch Project' and have the team filming instead, although technically it would be in black and white considering the time period. Maybe it could be formed around interviews like the older Meet The shorts.

I doubt a film will happen but it would be very cool if it did.

EltonJuan
10-15-2011, 04:20 PM
An interesting perspective could be the fact that they are, in essence, acting as henchmen to TF Industries. Henchmen usually aren't up to date on what they're guarding or protecting so some of the light humor and farce can be set up here. Aperture Science has a similarly comic mystery about where it is the company makes its money since its certainly costly to keep in power, so this mission to break out of their contracts could be one driving force in their team work amidst all of the PR stunts and cover-up schemes by the company.

Samngliv
10-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Hmmm when i think about a valve tf2 film, whether or not they have an idea in production or not, they seem to be leaving the story open ended enough for a feature length film to tie game story plots together.

When reading into the over arching story they are providing with TF2 it seems to me that it is building up to something. Meet the director the characters are getting more inquisitive and also getting more skilled and powerful. redmund and blurarch are as greedy and stubborn as ever and keep pushing the limits of their resources to the extremes. Saxton Hale is... nuts. the administrator is waging the war between the two sides for way seems to be a greater purpose .. and their seems to be this missing person from the torn photograph that i am not certain was undisclosed (not HHH).

If they were going to do a movie i think it would not be a prequel but a continuation of the current story arch. Example they get curious and start looking in the intelligence case and start to realise their is a bigger picture to what they are doing.

what do you guys think?

Lishy1
10-15-2011, 04:31 PM
I'd like to see them make a few short animated films here and there, but a full movie would not really suit the style of TF2 in my opinion.

In other words, something to develop the characters more and better establish TF2's setting.

EltonJuan
10-16-2011, 07:20 AM
If they were going to do a movie i think it would not be a prequel but a continuation of the current story arch. Example they get curious and start looking in the intelligence case and start to realise their is a bigger picture to what they are doing.

what do you guys think?

No matter what they do, they'd have to make a story that grabs an audience who's never played the game/looked at the comics. It couldn't be a continuation without a lot of exposition or flashbacks. I mean, the gameplay itself doesn't have a lot of exposition, which works because its all about gameplay, but with a full-length animated movie you need some motivations for the characters' actions and closing of arcs. The Valve writing team works very well with not slowing down to explain everything in the meet the team videos, and they still develop 3-dimensional characters in short periods of time; so, to spend a lot of time on exposition, they could do it in half the time by showing it anyway which would inquire some 'prequel' elements AND continuing the backstory they've started (I'll definitely agree that that needs exploring).

<tangent>Example: I had seen the original Tron and when I saw Legacy I felt like 'Tron' himself is never explained to newer audiences -- he was just a good guy. It's not like the question is to be interpreted, so why they didn't address that is beyond me. Especially seeing as its a sequel almost three decades later and Disney took copies of the original off shelves months before the theatrical release. Maybe I'm just picky about that though. No one else I knew posed that question until I brought it up. </tangent>

Brutis_Buckeye
10-16-2011, 09:19 AM
I would love to make a script for a movie if they would make a short animation, say about 30 minutes long or so. Maybe have a plot about how the team came together and get to see the characters in their native places. Also, have it show how certain characters work best with each other (Medic and heavy, soldier demoman, pyro and engie, etc.) Then show how they came across the enemy team.

I know I would pay to see it, and I would love to be able to make a script for it, that is if valve was ever serious in making a short movie or something

gameboy350
10-19-2011, 06:28 PM
We need somebody to make a fan film AT LEAST.
Something like the megaman fan film.
Maybe it would be about how the team got together.
I would watch it.

Razor118171
10-19-2011, 07:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

No, just no...

EltonJuan
10-19-2011, 09:26 PM
We need somebody to make a fan film AT LEAST.
Maybe it would be about how the team got together.
I would watch it.

Perhaps spec scripts by fans. I'm thinking about starting one the more I lurk this forum. I have an Act 1 and part of 2 laid down in an outline.

The Brainslug !
11-04-2011, 06:16 PM
tf2 movie would be a ofhrrible idea.

TDV SilentSnipe
11-05-2011, 03:23 AM
I'd be happier with a TV show.

One about the Sniper being sent to Badlands to learn lessons about teamwork, which he then reports to Saxton Hale every week.

NumberC
11-05-2011, 04:15 AM
Because of the Meet the Team videos, I want to see TF2 animated shorts filmed like a documentary ala The Office.

steakhouse
11-12-2011, 10:15 PM
wait.. so is it animated or what?

Esmoire
11-12-2011, 10:35 PM
As a seasoned screenwriter, I can defintely say it is possible to present this as a reasonably lengthy film of any degree. The characters are diverse enough to have interactions that entertain the audience and there actually is quite a bit of pre-existing story to work with based on the comics, "Meet the Team" videos and other promotional material.

It all rests on whether or not Valve would be able to, not only make the movie good, but promote it correctly. People who are PC gamers alone will already be looking forward to it regardless of whether or not they play TF2. It is about appealing to the rest of the potential audience.

They can always pretend they are Pixar. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And if Pixar tries to sue them, they can say "It is a joke! The Pixar is a Spy!"

Novanious90675
11-12-2011, 10:39 PM

One about the Sniper being sent to Badlands to learn lessons about teamwork, which he then reports to Saxton Hale every week.

But then, when he's late one week, the ENTIRE TEAM has to report to him, even the Team Captain Crusaders.

-BlazeFire!
11-13-2011, 04:08 PM
If it would have a quality next to the VALVe "Meet the *" Series, i would sure as hell watch it.

How could i NOT think about this before...+Rep
I c what you did there

Smithenator
11-14-2011, 12:55 AM

What the ♥♥♥♥?

Dark Lyra
11-14-2011, 01:12 AM
But then, when he's late one week, the ENTIRE TEAM has to report to him, even the Team Captain Crusaders.

Sniper: HI COMRADEEEEEESSS! -eye twitching- (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7iv09RirHU)

EltonJuan
11-26-2011, 11:48 PM
I'm wondering if this forum can collaborate and contribute to a spec script to present to the Valve team. I'm starting to write one out just for my own amusement. I'll keep details to myself for a bit, but, once I have a good direction, I may post the work in progress and we can all discuss what works and what doesn't and what we would like to see. I mean, from doing a couple features I know it can be a bit of a production only to get the more-than-likely rejection, but I've also done a good deal of coverage of other screenplays and so I've gotten a good idea of what kind of stories really click with readers and what falls flat so there's always a chance they'll hold onto it.
If the Valve team takes on a feature, they may either go down the path of an episodic narrative (which would be good if done properly) or a more "Hollywood" narrative (which happens on accident to the best short form writers going big).

Samngliv
11-29-2011, 02:17 AM
Hmmm MLP TF2 FTW.

In regards to the script i feel that you will definitely have to write it in the style of the Valve writers. If it does not have they comedy style or slightly illogical universe then the project would not feel like TF2.

But to remove all the complicated scribblings that are needed to script write, at the heart of the film what is it about? Brother hood? team work? defiance?

Who is (or who are) the protagonist?

What is Their Objective, what do they as characters want?

how do they go about this, what action do they take?

What Obstacles are in their way and how do they confront the conflict?

how will the film climax ending in a resolution?

and finally how does this film fit into the TF2 universe?

Just things i would want to know about the film. Thats al

Cooper Kid
11-29-2011, 09:30 AM
A clichéd script would have the mercenaries battling each other for the first half of the film, before some unforseen event causes them to come together and rebel against the Administrator. And Saxton Hale can be the narrator :)

DrFetus
11-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Make it a movie about the mutation of the engineer into Vagineer. Then make it like a horror like Scream, with Vagineer killing everyone.

GlockXIII
11-29-2011, 04:17 PM
I think a movie would be a little too much, but I wouldn't mind an annual 22 min episode.

Cooper Kid
11-30-2011, 03:38 PM
I think a movie would be a little too much, but I wouldn't mind an annual 22 min episode.

Because 20 minutes is too short and 25 is too long? What's wrong with 21 minutes then? Huh?

What about 22???

wereguy2
12-18-2011, 11:12 PM
This would be cool, but yeah, not happening. Valve, despite the fact that what films they do produce are excellent, are a game development studio, not an animation one. I imagine they could probably get help from WETA, who, in case y'all didn't know, did the SFX for LOTR, but this would nonetheless be a waste of resources. Besides, I can't imagine any real storyline being sustained - most genuine story can only really be found in comics about Mann Co., while something as relatively mainstream as a film would have to focus almost exclusively on the nine recognizable class-characters.

Novanious90675
12-19-2011, 06:07 AM
Because 20 minutes is too short and 25 is too long? What's wrong with 21 minutes then? Huh?

What about 22???

22 Minutes is how long just about every Half-hour TV show runs, with the other 8 minutes coming from commercials.

demomanby heart
12-19-2011, 07:10 PM

No! They are not clones. they are brought back to life with the life extender thingy majig people think was used on lincon. That or they are all different people who got payed by the admin. to get plastic surgery and replace the dead people. Or medic finally discovered the secret to eternal life

CB1993
12-20-2011, 01:35 AM
No! They are not clones. they are brought back to life with the life extender thingy majig people think was used on lincon. That or they are all different people who got payed by the admin. to get plastic surgery and replace the dead people. Or medic finally discovered the secret to eternal life

Or soldier angered a magician.

ZigZagFox
01-09-2012, 08:07 PM
An animated short or webisodes could be a possibility. A full length featured film doesn't seem likely. It will take more money and time. Also, Valve will need to find competent writers and someone whose not Uwe Boll, to direct it.

Metenight777
02-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Valve time would make it so that once the movie is made, TF2 will be long gone

kaboomonme
02-02-2012, 02:56 AM

A regular round of CTF...until something happened.
Which led to the mercenaries trying to hunt down the Announcer!
But she has many tricks up her sleeve and many contacts on her side...

etc etc

The possibilities are endless!

I always wondered what would come after Meet the Pyro?...

Smashbrother101
02-02-2012, 08:45 AM
The problem then becomes that how will people who haven't played TF2 enjoy this? I'm not saying that it has to be for EVERYONE, but it has to an actual MOVIE and not just a movie of a game.

Crystal2112
02-09-2012, 10:30 AM
A TF2 movie sounds like a good idea, but like many people have said, what exactly would the movie be about? When adapting something into a movie, you need to make it appeal to both those familiar with the source material, and those unfamiliar with it. For example: The Tintin movie. I had never even read Tintin in my life (plus, it's very unpopular here in America), but I still loved the movie despite being unfamiliar with the source material, and those who were familiar with the source material enjoyed it too.

So what exactly would the movie be about? Maybe you could have it about the RED vs. BLU conflict, but you'd have to add a lot more to it, and some backstory or explanations, like, are the members on the BLU team clones of those on the RED team (or vice versa)? Do they clone the characters again when they respawn, and do they clone them when there's two or more of the same class on a team? How did each character get recruited? What were the pasts of the characters like? What happened that caused Scout's hands to be covered in bandages? And so on.

And then there's the problem of clueless parents taking their small children to go see it all because "It shows funny-looking cartoon characters on the poster and commercials! My children love cartoons, so it'll be perfectly fine for them to watch!" Most parents these days take their children to see movies they're not even old enough to be watching (or old enough to understand). For example, when I went to see Paul, there was a mom with her 7-year-old child in the theater. So if they were to make a TF2 movie, they'd have to warn parents on the advertisements and posters that it's not suitable for kids.

Anyway, a movie would be cool, but personally, I think they should make a TV series instead, with scenarios similar to the comics. That would work out better.

TheKigYarGamer
02-09-2012, 10:32 AM
And then there's the problem of clueless parents taking their small children to go see it all because "It shows funny-looking cartoon characters on the poster and commercials! My children love cartoons, so it'll be perfectly fine for them to watch!" Most parents these days take their children to see movies they're not even old enough to be watching (or old enough to understand). For example, when I went to see Paul, there was a mom with her 7-year-old child in the theater. So if they were to make a TF2 movie, they'd have to warn parents on the advertisements and posters that it's not suitable for kids.

I say let the children decide. That way, they'll assume responsibility if they are scarred by it. The parents should not be implicated.

Dan_the_pest
02-10-2012, 12:25 PM
I always wondered what would come after Meet the Pyro?...

Meet the hats.

iSmile
02-11-2012, 03:18 AM
*Cough cough cough*

Samngliv
03-04-2012, 02:38 PM
I have recently been looking at the 'story' of TF2 and it has all been leading up to something. The announcer is determined to keep the two teams aimlessly fighting without question. She does not want anyone on either team to have enough time to think or else they might start looking into things and discover something they should not. Either that the two factions are on the same side or they might discover what is really going on. This plot is building up more and more, along with the general populace disapproving of the Teams fighting i feel that this is leading up to a major story line.

If Valve were to do a film it would be regarding this. The heart film would be about teamwork, how when you work together nothing can stop you. The 9 characters will all have to be protagonists (or end up on the same side by the end of the film), and the film should be about the team uncovering the deep dark secrets of TF industries.

This is just an idea beaded on what i have gathered from the current ongoing plot

Limeaide
03-06-2012, 11:41 AM
I have recently been looking at the 'story' of TF2 and it has all been leading up to something. The announcer is determined to keep the two teams aimlessly fighting without question. She does not want anyone on either team to have enough time to think or else they might start looking into things and discover something they should not. Either that the two factions are on the same side or they might discover what is really going on. This plot is building up more and more, along with the general populace disapproving of the Teams fighting i feel that this is leading up to a major story line.

If Valve were to do a film it would be regarding this. The heart film would be about teamwork, how when you work together nothing can stop you. The 9 characters will all have to be protagonists (or end up on the same side by the end of the film), and the film should be about the team uncovering the deep dark secrets of TF industries.

This is just an idea beaded on what i have gathered from the current ongoing plot

What I thought as well.

Shradow
03-06-2012, 01:23 PM
I think it'd be cool if they had something with the Administrator as the final big bad, but also incorporating some of the comic's scenes. For instance, stuff from Loose Cannon have to be in it.

Teleportalist
03-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Or soldier angered a magician.

Maybe he made the magician feel okay with himself so the magician granted them respawns!

mista_bojjob
03-13-2012, 09:06 PM
hm, the thing about the two teams working against the administrator sounds like a pretty cool storyline... but yeah, a TF2 movie would be a bit weird

ΩBSOLETE
03-13-2012, 09:25 PM
I want a Half-Life movie first.

Miss_Zenith
03-17-2012, 04:40 AM
I think it'd be great to have another mini series which, this time, delves into the background of each character. I, for one, am particularly curious to know the back-stories for each the medic and the engineer. And definitely the heavy!

Ificationer
03-29-2012, 02:35 PM
a TF2 movie?
I'd like that

jakku
03-30-2012, 03:39 PM
There are already 10 great machinima shorts created by valve! Half Life movie can never happen, Gordon Freeman is a silent protagonist, he's the strong and silent type.

doohnairb
03-30-2012, 06:33 PM
go on youtube and type in team fabulous 2. it is 17 minutes but closes thing to a tf2 movie i seen

spencer1022
03-31-2012, 12:47 PM
Why does everyone think the movie would be about gameplay? Why not a saxtonhale/announcer/outside-of-battles movie?

aabicus
03-31-2012, 03:31 PM
The movie would be one of two things:

1. Showing how all 9 mercenaries were hired as a sort of prequel.
2. The Engineer invents cloning technology, which goes on to explain how we are all playing and killing the 9 classes over and over; every player ever has been playing clones of the original nine. Also explains how they work for both teams at once and why there are differing levels of competence (the cloning machine isn't great at replicating brains).

God R.'s Cousin
04-01-2012, 02:59 PM
This.

Half Life has narrative. Team Fortress 2 has hats. Hats don't make great movies. They're for wearing, not watching. Unless it's a TV hat. But Team Fortress 2 has no TV hats. Ergo it's better for TF2 to just stick to 'Meet The' shorts and comics.