PDA

View Full Version : save points but you can save anywhere?

abort_user
07-13-2011, 08:35 PM
:confused:

im liking the game so far. i really digging the retro SNES RPG style. but why are there save points if you can save anywhere? are there differences between the two? or are the save points just more for a hardcore, retro experience?

lordcooper777
07-13-2011, 08:36 PM
The 'save points' restore MP.

abort_user
07-13-2011, 08:38 PM
i understand that. but is there any reason to save at them and not save anywhere?

Manach
07-13-2011, 08:40 PM
i understand that. but is there any reason to save at them and not save anywhere?

For me, it's more of a friendly reminder to save, and say "The next step, there is something bigger, be more prepare"; Like a boss fight, or a lot of maps to go thru without restoring MP.

RainbowDespair
07-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Yeah, even though you can save anywhere, some people forget to do so. Having the save points helps to remind them (especially since they're frequently placed before a boss fight).

Plus, you know, the MP healing. :)

abort_user
07-13-2011, 09:53 PM
im going to try to just use the save points unless i need quit the game unexpectedly and cant get to one. itll feel more like an old school SNES game that way. i just wanted to make sure both save systems did the same thing.

Maddoc
07-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Originally, BoDVII didn't allow saving anywhere.

For the PC version, I believe the BoDVII assets were basically adapted to the improved CstW engine, which introduced things like saving anywhere.