PDA

View Full Version : Unable to do anything in MLB 2k10

Ptmmtp
07-14-2011, 07:38 AM
I haven't owned a ball game in years and decided to pick up 2k10 for a reasonable price. I can't do anything. When playing a game or so, I can't exit with out doing ctrl alt delete and completely exit out the game, I am unable to move players, swing bats, pitch, anything really. I've tried a keyboard and mouse and then a xbox 360 controller, neither work. I tried the default controls and custom controls, nothing seems to work. And sometimes the menu glitches up. I don't know what to do. I uninstalled and redownloaded it, didn't help. Anyone know what I should do?

Cranial Vacancy
07-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Well I have only owned the game for a day myself but I have been able to play and enjoy the game. The menu system is a bit of a cluttered mess and there does seem to be game actions that you will be unable to do with K\M. I am not sure yet whether the key remapping is buggy, doesn't work for some actions, or possibly I am just not doing it correctly. I have been able to play a game though and hit, pitch, move players, substitute and other in game actions. If you are not able to do any of this then seems something is wrong. You might check the mlb2k11 exe and make sure it is 1.1.1.1 which is the recent patch. Also the 2K forums might be a better place for help than here since more with the game than here on steam. http://www.2ksports.com/forums/

If you are in a game the esc key should immediately bring up the box score style menu and the esc key again for all the other lists of menus.

Ptmmtp
07-15-2011, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the help, never thought of asking at the 2k fotums. It is 1.1.1.1 but I went into the steamapps mlb2k10 file and you know how other games have models, maps, materials, etc. folders? This one doesn't and just has them all in one big jumble mess. I'll mention that on 2k as well, thought I'd say it here too.

Cranial Vacancy
07-15-2011, 11:11 AM
No problem and I did notice the game folder is all just one big mess when I searched for my exe to see if it was patched. I have managed to play 3 games now in Franchise mode and win all close games, so a lot of fun. I still would like a bit more control over some player actions. With M\K I still can't do all the pitch mechanics just the basic pitches, and even then sometimes it throws the wrong pitch to what I have it assigned to. I am thinking of picking up a new xbox controlor over the weekend since I can't get my old wireless one to work.