PDA

View Full Version : Update July 14

sarcacid
07-14-2011, 11:50 AM
478(!) MB update today... what's changed?

cl4ym4n
07-14-2011, 11:55 AM
According to the official blog:

Three new levels, located at the end of world 3
Greatly improved load times & performance
Dead zone of analog stick is now tweakable from settings menu
Spawning lights is a ton faster, so if you had problems on levels with turrets itís hopefully going to be a lot better

Mellar
07-14-2011, 11:58 AM
According to the official blog:

Three new levels, located at the end of world 3
Greatly improved load times & performance
Dead zone of analog stick is now tweakable from settings menu
Spawning lights is a ton faster, so if you had problems on levels with turrets itís hopefully going to be a lot better

Thanks for that.

It's good to hear that the performance has been improved and more levels is always appreciated. :)

Kvalsternacka
07-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Used new parameters when baking/optimizing the levels, so steam will detect loads of stuff it does not recognize. That's why the update is so big, it is literally all the levels in the game.

On the plus side the new parameters should make the levels significantly faster to load and run.

Steffe
07-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Gotta be having some extreme luck to get 18s on 3-10c :< 36s for me, and thought that went fairly well. Then again, I hate cannons :p

Mellar
07-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Used new parameters when baking/optimizing the levels, so steam will detect loads of stuff it does not recognize. That's why the update is so big, it is literally all the levels in the game.

On the plus side the new parameters should make the levels significantly faster to load and run.

The levels load extremely quick now! Thank you!

sirphoenix
07-14-2011, 01:39 PM
very nice patch, i love you guys! ;)

I have my doubts about those 18s on 3-10c either, but then again i know what times i do on some levels and how i thought about that a few month back :cool:

Kvalsternacka
07-14-2011, 01:55 PM
That time was taken here at the office by a buddy (who designed the level) while the level still was incomplete. Not sure how the time made it to the steam servers. Ooops :P

Will remove it!

sirphoenix
07-14-2011, 01:58 PM
oh thanks.
now you guys have to beat my 23 second legit time :p

but there is still time in it, made 1 or 2 mistakes here and there :cool:

Trojax2010
07-14-2011, 03:12 PM
The levels load extremely quick now! Thank you!

Very fast, and the in game performance improvement is significant on my somewhat outdated machine. Thanks a lot.

PolarisOrbit
07-14-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm having a problem where sometimes the ship takes about a half second before it starts making a turn when I press a direction on my controller.

Although it's mostly random when this occurs, it does seems to happen fairly often when I launch from the cannon in the bottom right corner of 3-10b. I'm rotating the cannon right (works fine), then turning the ship left (screenwise: up) as soon as I fire out of the cannon (ship travels in a straight line until under the ledge then starts turning upward). It's also happening in other places, but that's the only place that seems to be fairly reproducible. I'm going to try lowering the deadzone to 0.15 and see if that does anything.

Anybody else getting this?

ArmorArmadillo
07-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Oh god this update fixes pretty much everything I thought was a bit iffy about nimbus :D

Arara_
07-15-2011, 09:47 AM
The new levels are great, thanks!

Zeewolf
07-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the new levels, they are very fun. This game just keeps getting better and better (and it was already awesome back when it was originally released!)

Straffaren
07-16-2011, 04:35 AM
This was a cool patch, altho how many original levels have you edited? Maybe this happend in a pervious update, i do not know.

lux418
07-17-2011, 03:26 AM
Love to see developers support their games like this , keep it up !

Keirnoth
07-18-2011, 02:04 AM
You know what amazes me about this game - this game supports basic PC functions that some so-called "AAA" games don't even support. Ability to use 16:9 AND 16:10 resos, windowed mode, quality control, INDIVIDUAL GAMEPAD BUTTON MAPPINGS, dead zone configuration, etc. It's amazing how one dedicated developer can properly support the PC platform where other PC devs have failed.

I'm having so much fun with this game, I can tell a lot of love has been put into this project. I really appreciate your support and dedication!