View Full Version : HOMM Questions...
07-14-2011, 11:04 PM
So after a long hiatus from the series during the steam sale I bought HOMM5 for the cheap price it was...I have a few questions as I have not played this franchise since the 2nd game...
1. What happen to the barbarian faction? Did it go away in 3 or 4? I noticed it is not in 5...at least in the first game (non expansions)
2. Whats the deal with all the Angels? I dont recall seeing any in the 2nd game and the 1st as well?
3. When did they allow hero's to attack units and having their own turns instead of what they had in place in the 2nd game?
Thanks in advance if you know the answer I seek...rep will be awarded...
07-15-2011, 04:53 AM
1. The barbarians are re-add in the expansion Tribes of the East.
2. They are decent melee units, fly, and can cast a resurrection spell. I haven't played in a while, so I don't remember exactly how many times per battle, but I think it's only once or twice a battle. Edit: It's the upgraded Archangels that can resurrect.
3. I want to say that it changed in Heroes 4, but I'm not 100% on that. It's changing with the next game. Your Hero can take one action per turn (only an option during your creature's turn).
I haven't played two, three, or four in about 5 or 6 years it feels like. Sorry I cannot say much about them.
07-15-2011, 06:55 AM
Just to extend Nalnik's answers:
The barbarians were in the third and fourth game as well, their town is called Stronghold. Same with angels, they are the strongest units for the Castle (humans).
The hero-thing is a bit more complicated. In HoMM3, the heroes work the same way as in the second game. They can cast spells once per turn but that's it.
In HoMM4 however, heroes behave just like units. They have their own place in the army roster and on the battlefield, are able to move, fight or cast spells and die mid-battle if they've taken enough damage. It's also possible to have more than one hero in an army.
HoMM5's solution is somwehere halfway between the two.
07-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Ah thanks! That about sums up what I needed to know! Rep for both of ya!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.