PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the camera angles?

Scorcese68000k
07-15-2011, 11:55 AM
I am on level 7 of Forest Falls. No matter what I do, the camera will not follow Toki throughout the level. If he drops down to the lowest point in the level, the camera still remains at the top part of the level. I can't see him to move him around. This wasn't an issue in previous levels. :(

EDIT: Went back to see if this is now happening in previous levels and it is. I tried going to windowed mode to see if it would solve the problem. It did not. There is this icon on the lower-right with Toki in the center of a crosshairs. I want to think it is meant to fix this issue, yet nothing happens when I press it.

Shad0WeN
07-15-2011, 09:31 PM
the crosshair icon (should be in the lower left corner) means that Toki Tori is off-screen. this generally occurs when you are just looking around the level in scroll mode (by holding the right mouse button). if this is occurring by itself outside of that then it sounds like something has gone haywire. the camera is supposed to follow Toki Tori whenever you make a move.

you might wanna try right-clicking on the game in your library and selecting "check integrity of game cache" just in case

btw, clicking on the crosshair does center me on Toki Tori in my game

Scorcese68000k
07-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Tried to verify integrity. Nothing.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Nothing.

I hope the developers see this and fix it in an update or else explain what could possibly be happening here. I'm not mad, just a little upset. I'd love to finish this game.

hesselTwoTribes
07-18-2011, 02:09 AM
I am on level 7 of Forest Falls. No matter what I do, the camera will not follow Toki throughout the level. If he drops down to the lowest point in the level, the camera still remains at the top part of the level. I can't see him to move him around. This wasn't an issue in previous levels. :(

EDIT: Went back to see if this is now happening in previous levels and it is. I tried going to windowed mode to see if it would solve the problem. It did not. There is this icon on the lower-right with Toki in the center of a crosshairs. I want to think it is meant to fix this issue, yet nothing happens when I press it.

That's weird. Can you scroll around the level using the right mouse button? And what happens if you left click somewhere?

What changed on your computer when this started happening? If you could play the previous levels normally I doubt it is something in Toki that causes this behavior. Maybe some mouse or touchpad software/emulator that makes Toki think you're constantly scrolling? Or maybe you have an Xbox360 controller connected and something is leaning against the right stick? (I'm just guessing here...)

:confused: