PDA

View Full Version : Bug fix for steam version?

Rotant
07-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi, near the very end of the game (after the barrier is destroyed) I can't escape in time despite taking the shortest route, as I run out of time and get crushed. I read that there's a patch to increase run speed, allowing for this section to be completed, however I have the steam download version - so is there a way to patch it and/or finish this with alternate means? I'd like to retain my own save file if possible.

Janet
07-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Hi, near the very end of the game (after the barrier is destroyed) I can't escape in time despite taking the shortest route, as I run out of time and get crushed. I read that there's a patch to increase run speed, allowing for this section to be completed, however I have the steam download version - so is there a way to patch it and/or finish this with alternate means? I'd like to retain my own save file if possible.

Is there a file called CocMainWin32.exe in the game folder at all? If so, then yes you can use the patch (I don't know as I don't have a steam copy).

BehelitOutlaw
08-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Is there a file called CocMainWin32.exe in the game folder at all? If so, then yes you can use the patch (I don't know as I don't have a steam copy).

You can't , the steam version of the file is not accepted by it :s

Janet
08-19-2011, 10:08 PM
You can't , the steam version of the file is not accepted by it :s

Ah ok, fair point, but curiosity bode me to ask, what exactly happens if you try? Does steam itself return an error?

BehelitOutlaw
08-20-2011, 01:31 AM
Ah ok, fair point, but curiosity bode me to ask, what exactly happens if you try? Does steam itself return an error?

I found a way to make it work on the Steam version.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2067994
The steam .exe is too big and the patch don't accept it so i had to find a way to make it work.
Really enjoying the game!