PDA

View Full Version : Just submitted a patch (7/15/2011)

RainbowDespair
07-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone! I thought you'd be interested to know that we just submitted a small bugfix patch to Valve that should be going live soon.

Fixed:
Can't move after using teleport when standing on a bridge.
Changed the description of Commentary On (was going to lock it away for repeat playthroughs, but people seem to like having it unlocked at start).
Bug where someone would join your party when they weren't supposed to.
Improved performance.
And probably a few minor things I've forgotten about.

I did change something with the music code which may fix the problem some people are having with the music not playing, but I've never run into the problem personally so I haven't been able to test it. Let me know if the patch fixes the problem.

Spaqin
07-15-2011, 03:21 PM
I hope you just forgot to list fixing screenshot making and it's included in the patch.

Furyhunter
07-15-2011, 03:31 PM
No, screenshots aren't fixed at the moment it appears. Oh well, not a big deal, performance improvements are always a plus!

RainbowDespair
07-15-2011, 03:33 PM
We're still looking into the problem with not being able to create screenshots, but felt it was better to push out this patch ASAP so the people who got hit with the can't walk bug don't have to wait any longer to keep playing.

donnymill
07-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Patch is already live, downloaded a few minutes ago. Haven't faced any of the problems addressed in the patch, but it's good to know that now I won't.

StanGe
07-15-2011, 03:43 PM
great to see you guys sorting out bugs as soon as you can ;) and not only you, nearly all indie devs really care about their game and their customers. thats why im such a hugh fan of indie games/devs :) keep on with the good work

Teronfel
07-15-2011, 04:04 PM
nice!

cipher86
07-15-2011, 06:29 PM
I hope you just forgot to list fixing screenshot making and it's included in the patch.

Print Screen
Open Paint
Ctrl+V

If that isn't working, meh. Is this really more important than issues like being unable to move or not hearing any music?

CountZero83
07-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Awesome. Thanks for being so active on the forums!

Camerooni
07-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Cheers for the patch, is there a reason that the patch notes you posted above weren't 'listed': http://store.steampowered.com/news/?feed=steam_updates&appids=107310

Only annoying thing about Steam is the silent updates when it's all setup to keep a log of patch notes - is this a developer submission issue, or a valve sometimes do/sometimes don't post them issue?

wowpst
07-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Many thanks for keeping the Commentary option open -- it was an impulse decision, but it's made the game even more enjoyable to have it available during the playthrough.

Targie
07-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the patch.
This hasn't fixed the issue of music not playing for me though.

operwolf
07-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the patch.
This hasn't fixed the issue of music not playing for me though.
Unfortunately it didn't fix it for me either..:(

GoblinTown
07-16-2011, 11:56 PM
If you are using Vista/7, snipping tool in accessories is a very easy way to take screenshots.

One thing that might help some people still having sound issues:
From administrator command prompt: sfc /scannow
(sfc scans your windows system files and checks them for damages and replaces them if needed)
It fixed mine.

m.harmless
07-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Cheers for the patch, is there a reason that the patch notes you posted above weren't 'listed': http://store.steampowered.com/news/?feed=steam_updates&appids=107310

Only annoying thing about Steam is the silent updates when it's all setup to keep a log of patch notes - is this a developer submission issue, or a valve sometimes do/sometimes don't post them issue?

I would be interessted in that too.

ned_ballad
07-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Any chance of adding Steamworks achievements?

UnderwaterPyro
07-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Any chance of adding Steamworks achievements?

The question's been answered multiple times by the developers: no, they are not shoehorning on achievements.

ned_ballad
07-18-2011, 05:41 PM
The question's been answered multiple times by the developers: no, they are not shoehorning on achievements.

then don't shoehorn them, make them fun