PDA

View Full Version : Level 5 ...

Bio2hazard
07-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Is pretty ridiculous.

Blobbys which steal your stuff on-hit .. and I think they are bugged. One blobby took 3 items from me, i killed him and it didn't drop any of the items.

Then I kill a random blobby like 10 minutes later in a far away room and I randomly get 1 of my wands, a tesla wand, back.

It all went well until I opened a Monster Zoo. :/

I was playing a dual wielding swordsman, with smithing. Had 2 fine steel swords and a full aluminium armor set. Floor 4 monsters did like 2 damage.. Floor 5, golems deal like 10 damage a hit. But what killed me was a named glowing squid-thing that hit me for 25 dmg per blow.

RIP.

I'm not really sure at this point on how to proceed or rather, how I could have done better. I had the best armour available to me, the best weapons available to me.. any artifact i would find would be like 2 stars ( compared to my 8-star gear ).. it seems really difficult to have your gear keep up with the strenght of the enemies.

Mellow
07-15-2011, 08:34 PM
what skills did you pick? Also, armor is nice, but it does nothing against magical attacks.

Try getting archeologist + smithing. You can use every altar twice, which means you can make every armor you make into an artifact. Also, if the alter gives you bad stats, you can reroll the artifact using the other archeologist skill.

Bio2hazard
07-15-2011, 08:56 PM
what skills did you pick? Also, armor is nice, but it does nothing against magical attacks.

Try getting archeologist + smithing. You can use every altar twice, which means you can make every armor you make into an artifact. Also, if the alter gives you bad stats, you can reroll the artifact using the other archeologist skill.

I had the following skills:
Swordsmanship - Level 1
Dual Wielding - Level 4 ( Max )
Master of Arms - Level 5 ( Max )
Burglary - Level 1
Smithing - Level 4 ( Never found a Level 5 recipe.. )
Fleshsmithing - Level ..3, I think ? ( hrm. lv 1 is shield, lv 2 is the curse, lv 3 is self heal ? )
Wand Lore - Level 1 ( My previous hero found a coral wand which would heal himself so I wanted wand lore to be able to recharge it, alas that wand never dropped for this hero... )

My final level I think was 14, I had around 75 health. My final score is 187348.

Gear wise:
Hat: Aluminium Mask Thing
Body: Aluminium Armor
Shoes: Winged Aluminium Greaves
L. Hand: Fine Steel Sword
R. Hand: Actually, a Fine Iron Sword, but with upgrades from Krog to be better than a Fine Steel Sword ( Had a fine steel sword as backup, should I get a negative krog buff )
Ranged: Some assassin's crossbow with +5 crit and bonus damage.
Ring 1: Artifact Ring, gave some damages, some Magic Resistance, some resistances, some stats.
Ring 2: Forgot name, Looks like a giant powered arm. Final Tinkerer item.. bought it in the store for 13500 zorkmids, gives +5 burliness ( or damage, forgot which ), -1 health due to a negative krog thing, and some other randomly assorted bonus stats due to positive krog things.

Ended the game with around 35000 zorkmids ( I'm OCD in games so i'd always make trips back to sell excess loot, but stores would not have anything worthwhile buying. Also got a ton of nameless poncho's which sell for a ton )

Nocta
07-16-2011, 04:00 AM
Well you sure did a lot better then me when trying to be a smithing warrior !

I never went to floor 5, but floor 4 had some nasty tricks that killed two of my most advanced characters ( Sidequests mini-bosses that rushes into you when you're already dealing with some monsters, got cornered and unlucky with the Mathemagic Teleport D: )

Anyway, i'll be at floor 5 soon, i'll see what you're talking about.

I personally play a Mage that does his best not to get hit. It's pretty good, teleporting away whenever possible. Enemies never get a chance to hit me, so i don't worry about the whole Steal-on-hit blobs.

Monster zoos are kinda hard to do only with melee. Next time, try to have a Tinkering kit, make some bombs, and you'll be able to defeat zoos in no time, while playing a Warrior character at the same time !