PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the first to kill Dredmor?

SuperNoble
07-15-2011, 09:59 PM
I wonder.

Nocta
07-16-2011, 04:02 AM
This certainly is the one who will be abusing the Fungal Arts for long enough to buy the best equipement possible ( because, of course, he's lucky with the shops ), if he's not stealing it !

I wonder if it's like in Nethack, where you have to actually climb back up after you finish your main objective ( getting an amulet in Nethack, killing a demon in Dredmor... )

SuperNoble
07-16-2011, 05:37 AM
This certainly is the one who will be abusing the Fungal Arts for long enough to buy the best equipement possible ( because, of course, he's lucky with the shops ), if he's not stealing it !

I wonder if it's like in Nethack, where you have to actually climb back up after you finish your main objective ( getting an amulet in Nethack, killing a demon in Dredmor... )

Well you get the achievement for simply killing him, not escaping.

Also, apparently someone managed to kill him on easy, sadly thats pretty much everything we/I can know about it.

Planeforger
07-16-2011, 07:39 AM
The first person to do it will probably be someone playing on easy with permadeath turned off.

I'm still struggling to consistently get past the 3rd and 4th floors. :(

SuperNoble
07-16-2011, 07:48 AM
The first person to do it will probably be someone playing on easy with permadeath turned off.

I'm still struggling to consistently get past the 3rd and 4th floors. :(

Someone already killed him, on easy, with permadeath off.
But on easy its not really dredmor, its his brother, dredles.

I am working on killing him on medium with permadeath, but since I suck and I am only on floor 2 so far, it wont happen.

Solidamus
07-16-2011, 07:52 AM
I got to level 7 on medium and permadeath on with Unarmed and Vampirism. Then a Wyrm came from nowhere while my HP was low and killed me instantly.

Chiatroll
07-16-2011, 08:35 AM
He's already been killed a few times.

SuperNoble
07-16-2011, 08:54 AM
He's already been killed a few times.

Only on easy..?

Edit: Now on medium too.

Dr_Pillz_Redux
07-16-2011, 10:11 AM
I just killed him on Medium. Will be uploading a vid soon.

Overall, was pretty annoying for me. He hits me for half my HP, so I ended up kiting him around pools of lava.

trucane
07-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Waiting for someone to do it with perma death enabled. The fact that it's even an option is kinda sad for a game like this.

SuperNoble
07-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Waiting for someone to do it with perma death enabled. The fact that it's even an option is kinda sad for a game like this.

Perma death and Dredmor kill is a real win.. Unless on easy.

Dr_Pillz_Redux
07-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Waiting for someone to do it with perma death enabled. The fact that it's even an option is kinda sad for a game like this.It cannot be done. :eek:

SuperNoble
07-16-2011, 12:10 PM

Also.

There shouldn't be an option to disable permadeath.

:P

Dr_Pillz_Redux
07-16-2011, 12:13 PM
There shouldn't be an option to disable permadeath.Why not? Not having it on is optional. Just because it's a roguelike doesn't mean it HAS to have permadeath on all the time.

NanostrikeX
07-16-2011, 12:51 PM
I've gotten TO Dredmore on Medium with Permadeath on as a Rogue. Since most of my actually getting there was sleeping/trapping/running from most monsters, I had no chance of actually killing him. He walked right through my traps, didn't flinch at my bolt volleys, and killed me in 2 hits. If I didn't have an HP buff, he probably would've killed me in one.

What's really frustrating is that he's not in a special room. He's just chilling out in a random room, so you don't know when you're gonna run into him. Even better, he's not alone. I didn't even see him at first. I just saw the other monsters in the room.

SuperNoble
07-16-2011, 12:54 PM
I've gotten TO Dredmore on Medium with Permadeath on as a Rogue. Since most of my actually getting there was sleeping/trapping/running from most monsters, I had no chance of actually killing him. He walked right through my traps, didn't flinch at my bolt volleys, and killed me in 2 hits. If I didn't have an HP buff, he probably would've killed me in one.

What's really frustrating is that he's not in a special room. He's just chilling out in a random room, so you don't know when you're gonna run into him. Even better, he's not alone. I didn't even see him at first. I just saw the other monsters in the room.

Yeah after watching the video that kind of sucked.

He should have his own room, marked very specifically on the map, and have some actual boss abilities if possible.

Gummydrop
07-16-2011, 10:03 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993296316/stats/DungeonsOfDredmor

This guy got it on Rogue Mode, I don't think it was on perma-death but this guy still deserves a cookie.

I'm pretty curious what skills he used

NanostrikeX
07-16-2011, 10:13 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993296316/stats/DungeonsOfDredmor

This guy got it on Rogue Mode, I don't think it was on perma-death but this guy still deserves a cookie.

I'm pretty curious what skills he used

Without Permadeath, it's not much of an accomplishment. With enough time and reloading, anyone could get it, even on Rogue...

Kerrigan666
07-16-2011, 10:25 PM
I just finished it on normal. After the increase magic abilities. i casted the recursing curse and then spammed the fireball. Teleported awaywhenever he got close. It ended so fast that he didn't use his ranged attack.

I need to play it in hard. If it's anything like this, it's not much of a challenge.
It's really hard at first when you don't have the skills, but later on, he is unbeatable. Only died from those acid traps but if you are careful and use the mouse for movement, you can avoid them.

I also like to report a "cheat". You can teleport directly on top of doors, look what is inside and get in if you can handle it. MUST be a bug. So, in the final level, you can know where the big bad wolf is... Another major cheat is on the zoo(i swear I only tried it didn't beat it with that) is use the teleport on doors as I sad, then the room will reveal itself, and you can cast away safely form the other end of the door...

MOOMANiBE
07-16-2011, 10:39 PM
It's worth noting that monsters (including dredmor) currently aren't casting spells. That'll be fixed as of monday's update.

Patchumz
07-16-2011, 10:42 PM
I saw mobs on level 4 casting spells, but it was a little herpy derpy.

Kerrigan666
07-16-2011, 11:57 PM
It's worth noting that monsters (including dredmor) currently aren't casting spells. That'll be fixed as of monday's update.

If they do that I am gonna get fracked