PDA

View Full Version : Just fight after fight... only

gscualo
07-16-2011, 09:50 AM
I purchase this game. It has terrific graphics considering it has build 3 years ago almost, but... I've played it for an hour and it's all about fighting.

It would change the dinamic of the game on some point of the game? or... it's all about fight after fight only??.

basti51
07-16-2011, 10:20 AM
I think the game looks quite great within its own Artstyle, maybe turn the graphics up.

And why do you complain about Fist-Fights in a game Called "Zeno-CLASH" ?

Did you even read the Store Page ?

MADDOGGE
07-16-2011, 10:39 AM
That's all it really is is fights. Reminds me of a hack and slash or fight game. Played the demo, loved the art style but even at the sale price I know I'd never bother to play it. It's just not a type of game play I would enjoy. Give me sci-fi weapons of mass destruction.;):cool:

gscualo
07-16-2011, 11:05 AM
I think the game looks quite great within its own Artstyle, maybe turn the graphics up.

And why do you complain about Fist-Fights in a game Called "Zeno-CLASH" ?

Did you even read the Store Page ?

Clash = Challenge, right? Well the most of the people can consider any action game under the clash term for example.

I downloaded the demo first, and I find it's nice and good enought to get it, but I could not imagine that it is a fight arena only. And agreed with all the people which is saying that the game is not funny, it is boring keep doing the same thing all the time, I use to play more dinamic games ...but there are games for all flavors. I am not on that clash games list. ;)

Utipod
07-16-2011, 02:57 PM
"Clash" means a collision or conflict. Not "challenge."

Cunin
07-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Also I find it very challenging and fun. A great way to break the boringness of most FPS shooters, where you only have to fight and fight and fight...with a firearm.
It's more like a beat 'em up game than a real FPS, but the camera is first person and you also have FPS weapons, so it's a nice mix.

Oh and btw, I think he meant "terrific" in the good way, as "fantastic" :)

Treason686
07-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Clash = Challenge, right? Well the most of the people can consider any action game under the clash term for example.

I downloaded the demo first, and I find it's nice and good enought to get it, but I could not imagine that it is a fight arena only. And agreed with all the people which is saying that the game is not funny, it is boring keep doing the same thing all the time, I use to play more dinamic games ...but there are games for all flavors. I am not on that clash games list. ;)

What sorts of dynamic games do you play?

I can honestly say I like the game a lot. I think I've almost beat it already though.

Still, for $3.75, it was definitely worth it. It's very different from anything else I've played, and I love the setting.

t1ddl3r
07-18-2011, 05:56 PM

So what type of "dynamic" gameplay are you used to? The shooting the generic enemy types over and over and over again in call of doody? The repeated shooting of generic enemy types in medal of honor? The repeated shooting of generic enemy types in... basically any shooter you could name?

At least there is some actual skill and tactics to the comabt here, and it is only a short game, presumably so you can finish it before it gets tedious.

I found the gameplay very refreshing. I was looking for a game with similar melee gameplay to Riddick, and this was perfect for that. The only complaint I have is that it is a bit too difficult in places, and the "boss" fights (against large enemy) are dull and a bit (a LOT) boring, having to dodge and hit with a club over and over. No skill needed there really.

All in all, if you liked the demo, and the demo just had you beating people, why would you think the full game was any different? There are a few guns to mix it up a little, but the meat of the game is the fisticuffs, and the melee gameplay is implemented perfectly.

Melonious Monk
10-02-2011, 03:19 AM
If you didn't consider Zeno Clash to be dynamic, then I question your sense of what is dynamic. Each character fights differently and each fight throws something new at you. If that isn't dynamic I don't know what is.

Dr Krieg
11-24-2011, 02:21 PM
I think the OP was asking whether or not there is anything more to the game other than fighting.

I've been teetering on whether to buy this. I read the store page and it doesn't give the info that I'm interested in.

Expanding on the OP, does this game include anything between fights (as in talking to NPCs, buying things, levelling character etc.)? At the moment I have Street Fighter 3D (3-2-1-FIGHT! then PERFECT! [i wish] que next opponent) in mind which I wouldn't be as tempted to buy at the moment. Maybe some other time though.

Foey
11-24-2011, 03:21 PM
It's not an RPG. It's an FPS except with fisticuffs instead of guns. There's a basic story, and the game world you travel through is very weird and cool, but it's a straight action game, a very good one.

Tresob77
03-05-2012, 03:43 PM
You might think of this game like a mutant hybrid between Half-Life and Tekken or maybe Half Life and Final Fight...a FPS and an arcade fighting game.

It's a bit like someone was playing a side-scrolling beat-em-up and said, "Gee, I wonder what this all looks like from the character's point-of-view."