PDA

View Full Version : Can't Install

SgtSimpson
07-17-2011, 08:32 AM
I Had to Remove Some Games Not Long ago for some hard Drive space.
Got Some Space back and I Thought it Would be good to Play Metal Drift, So I Tried to reinstall (After latest patch.)

Every time I Click Install, Early in the morning, late at night or even at Lunchtime, It Says the Steam servers are too busy despite Every other game Working and Also Another game installed Fine.

I have tried this over the last 4 Days.

Does Anyone Know Whats Wrong?

Many Thanks,
SgtSimpson

BeefThief
07-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Sounds more like a Steam issue than a Metal Drift one.

SgtSimpson
07-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Ah Ok.

Ill Keep trying.

LikuidKrystal
07-18-2011, 11:37 AM
You can also try finding MD in your Steam directory and completely deleting that directory. It's probably not the issue, but since there have been some updates it might be good to start fresh.

SgtSimpson
07-28-2011, 07:20 AM
After Reading your Post, I have Deleted Every Single Piece of metal Drift from My Computer- And Still Shows the Same Error.

It's Not Steam because Just installed 2 Of My Old games and That Went Fine.

Any Other Suggestions?

Many Thanks,
SgtSimpson

LikuidKrystal
07-28-2011, 12:33 PM
If you wiped all MD data then it has to be a Steam issue. Another option is to install another copy of Steam into a different directory and try to download MD there.

SgtSimpson
07-29-2011, 02:17 AM
If you wiped all MD data then it has to be a Steam issue. Another option is to install another copy of Steam into a different directory and try to download MD there.

Sorry to Say, I've already tried this. On my C: and E: drives.
Should I Sent Steam Support a Ticket and See what They say?

Many Thanks,
SgtSimpson

EDIT: I Was Also having Problems installing Dino D-Day on my Standard account with all my games on. However I Do have another account for Garry's Mod, and Dino D-Day Installed on that. Think it Might be My Account... (It's got In Good Standing on VAC)

LikuidKrystal
07-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I would definitely contact Valve and see if they can help out.

SgtSimpson
07-30-2011, 06:11 AM
Yeah, I would definitely contact Valve and see if they can help out.

I've Sent A Steam Support Ticket and Am Now Waiting.
Many Thanks for Your Help!

SgtSimpson
08-14-2011, 08:38 AM
I Decided to try Installing it on Another Computer and Copying it over- it Worked!

No Thanks to Steam Support Who Didn't help me And Only Gave me one Reply with Stuff I had already tried.

LikuidKrystal
08-15-2011, 11:10 AM
That's so weird man. Glad you eventually got it working.