PDA

View Full Version : Tips achivevments/hoom list

Keleto
07-17-2011, 09:48 AM
For now I don't have all the info I would like but this will go growing I hope.

Most of this is already around the forum but it would be useful to have 1 list.

Hoom (for now I'm still missing something (16 here) so if anyone could help would be nice):

After killing the first Viamboor (big troll like thing) (the one that breaks through the wall). Cant be missed on the market where your Garshasp's brother body lies, just walk around and there is a small way that leads to something like a back ally where you have a red sphere and a hoom After second mini-boss (ugly guy with axe, don't know the name), just before there is a cut scene how he hits one of those green monsters. Can't be missed About half way sliding the 1st wall (in Siavoshgard). Might be hard to take if you intent to take no damage while sliding but its easy to see and if you don't care losing a bit of health its easy to take After killing the two Viamboors. Can't be missed At the end of the first raft (the one you control, thats the same where you get the summer camp achievement). You can see this one from far away and its easy to get, Can't miss seeing it After killing the mini-boss just before the second slide (in the jungle). Can't miss it At jungle slide, this one took me awhile to find as you cant even see it if following the most obvious way down (at least to me), I just went in circles to try to explore and find it by chance, don't know if you can get it without getting hurt but I suppose you can. Its almost at the end, just before the last liana ends The second raft (the one you can't control) passes under a tree where the hoom is, you cant miss this one but if you are slow it might be a bit hard to get that and make it to for the raft to jump... (see at the left there are small platforms where you need to jump fast to jump on the raft and some more platforms and then the raft again... this is if you fisrt play this stage, otherwise you know what to do) After killing Gandarava (the sea monster) Where you get the dragon skull mace, outside (just before entering) on the right toy can jump on a rock and find a hoom and red sphere (this is still in the jungle, if you use the lift to the mountains you missed it) Just before the fisrt time you see the temple you are in a room where have to jump off rocks, on the last is a hoom, can't miss it. Might be a bit hard to get but try to stay near the wall, or simply repeat for a few times and you will get it. The camera angle is horrible here (no surprise I guess) but just keep trying different positions and angles, its not that hard. Just before the wheel, there is a wooden ramp, when on it go backwards and it will reveal a secret passage to a hoom. The wheel to open the door, once opened there is a hoom, can't miss it. When sliding down (3th and last time) at the end of the first half, can't miss that After actioning a switch that brings a bridge over the 3th sliding cliff a door opens, can't miss that.

Achievements:

Viamboor Killer - just kill one, cant be easier. Viamboor Hunter - kill 2... still too easy... look at general tips No Fear - kill Gandarava (Sea monster), easy, he does 3 attacks, hit from side (block it), hit from above (jump or wave does damage), hands on rocks and spits (block spit and hit hands). At low health there is interaction fight and then on the ground don't hit, just wait until he get stuck and interaction is available (which usually is next thing he does). its a boring fight. Akatash Slayer - just kill it... No Golden Crown - just kill him, will talk more about this on the achievement "ruler of all" Overcome Anger - just kill it Viamboor Master - they do 3 attack types. Hit with big hand (block it and hit), hit with small hand (block it and hit), 2 hands in air and area damage (jump away). Simply block his hits and you'll be ok. I am the Monster - same as beating 1 but takes more time and while hitting 1 the other always does the area effect attack so just be careful, avoid, block and there wont be a problem. (you can block their charge, just do it right before they hit, its much easier than gandarava) God of the Sea - kill gandarava without getting hit, well keep the idea of the previous achievement but the hard this here is to block his first kick after he tears the rocks, well its hard but its possible, just try to block at the exact same time when he is hitting (when his feet is almost covered you) Dragon Mace - just take it Sword Fighter - its impossible too not do this Sword Master - just kill a lot, keep in mind some monsters don't give exp when killed in certain ways, this is a bug I think... still there is more than enough exp to max both weapons Mace Fighter - same as above Mace Master - same as above Combat Master - just do the above, this bugged for me the first time so just load and try again Health Conscious - look at the list Healthy - look at the list Perfect Body - look at the list Counter Attacker - you can counter-attack when an they attacks and you block in about 0.5 sec before it hits you, time slows and you see an clashing effect, then press an attack button (left or right work but attacks are different) and Garshasp will counter-attack, while he does this he can't be hit and by my experience if you can counter attack well this game is too easy Counter Attack Master - repeat the above 100 times... no mystery there. there are enemies that are easier to counter-attack, just try. Angry - once weapon is upgraded you can use rage attacks when you have rage, no mystery there, just know not all enemies give rage or some give too few (might be a bug, don't know) Rage in Blood - same as above 100 times, only thing you need to know is you don't need to hit anything. just use the attack. oh and you have to do that in 1 game, same as the 100 counter attacks Sliding Panther - be fast, be careful, don't get hurt... cant say anything else. (can make a video) Good Warrior - beat game on easy... just beat it Pahlevan - beat game on normal... still easy The Ultimate Pahlevan - beat game on hard... learn to counter-attack and you will be just fine. No Underworld - think this is bugged or i don't understand it Single Life - start easy game and don't save, beat it, its easy, just need 2-3 hours Natural Health - play on easy, don't use health spheres, learn how to counterattack. Collecting 4 hooms restore health. Monster Killer - kill 100 monster....... no comment Monster Slayer - same as above Sliding Lion - cant make it? practice and you will Sliding Tiger - same as above Ruler of All - This is the easiest boss in the game BUT he has minions, there is the problem. Hitasp is easily killed by blocking his attacks and attacking afterwards, you can counter-attack him to speed the process but if you want to go for sure just block and when he finishes his combo you do yours and block and so on... its just slow but its really the easiest boss in the game. His minions... those are a problem, big one, 3 red "assassin" monsters (those have a name??) and 3 brown armored axe-monsters (don't know the name of those either), how you kill those without getting hit? well with a lot of luck and counter-attacking. The red ones don't have much health but they are fast and if you are near them while laid down they will surely hit you, so give them some space and when they are up attack and be prepared to counter-attack any of their hits, sometimes time slows when they attack you but you can counter-attack that. The browns, they are slow, just block and counter-attack and try to take 1 at a time and you will be fine. This is a hard battle as the slightest mistake or just bad positioning or you get rounded and you get hit so just try again, and again, and again... you might not be getting it for a while but you are training and as luck has to do with it you might just get lucky. (This fight was actually easier to me than Gandariva (without getting hit of course)) Trit - look at list above (still cant find all myself, need some help here) Perfect Garshasp - weapons at max is easy, still need hooms... Perfect Rage - I'm sure i hit 8 or 9 enemies once but some were blocking, so don't know if that has something to do or its just bugged but you can see in the global achievements for the game there are 0.4% players that have it, even more than the ones that have "ruler of all" so there have to be a way, if i find it I'll surely post it but until then if someone wants to share an experience be welcome. Cool'em in Summer - on the first raft (the one you can control) at the jungle monsters fall from the trees, use action ('e') on them and you'll throw them in the water

Tips:

Just in case you havent noticed you can break some items for exp (vases and banners) counter-attack is extreamly useful, use it get achievments on easy mode, normal you only need to pass for 2 more. diffrence between easy, normal and hard is enemy damage and time between attacks, sometimes on hard its easier to kill things and faster, as i say all the time... use counter-attack

waoh
07-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Good post.

I think I missed 1 Hoom Seed too. I started a list towards the end of the game so the next play through I will keep better track and let you know if I find the one your looking for.

Also thx for the clarification on 'God of the Sea' I have been splitting up my efforts on several different ideas but now I'll focus just on the last-second block.

Also, I am curious if 'Perfect Rage' is bugged, when I look at the global stats I see 0.4% for both that and 'Ruler of All' I haven't heard anyone say they have achieved it legit either, but have seen several people comment that they could swear they hit 7+ with a rage attack... would be nice if a Dev could look in to this or comment on it.

Keleto
07-19-2011, 05:54 AM
Also, I am curious if 'Perfect Rage' is bugged, when I look at the global stats I see 0.4% for both that and 'Ruler of All' I haven't heard anyone say they have achieved it legit either, but have seen several people comment that they could swear they hit 7+ with a rage attack... would be nice if a Dev could look in to this or comment on it.

I've been trying to get this a little more and as I said in the achievement above I'm 100% sure I hit 9 enemies with 1 rage attack (details later) and still don't have the achievement, so any tip on this one would be great.

After the 3th slide you find 5 green monsters, 5 browns with armor and 3 or 4 of those with shields, I run through the greens as they die too easy and hit a few times the browns without killing any to build my rage, by that time greens are all around me, at that point just watch your timing be quick (rage drops in time) and hit, its very easy to get 6-7 at once and with a little luck you can hit 9 (I did 2 times). The browns block your hit so I don't know if that has something to do with it. I use the rage attack (block + right mouse button).

I wonder if you have to damage 7 enemies or have to kill 7 enemies... does it works with all type of enemies or must be something specific. As I said any help would be appreciated.

waoh
07-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Okay so on that 17th seed... I'm personally not very convinced that there is one... seeing how this game is hardly the equivalent of a beta, I wouldn't be surprised if this is basically another broken achievement... I have played through like 5 times now and have been super thorough.

But maybe there is idk?

However, I'm super excited to say that I figured out a way to get 17 seeds without cheating ^^ ... I don't want to post it to spoil/discourage someone from possibly finding the last one (if there is one) but if you are really done looking I could possibly reveal my technique if you want to PM me or add me on Steam...

Oh and one more thing- I have thought of a few places to look for it maybe-

1. I was thinking maybe there is a way to get behind the tree at the bottom of the tree slide? Maybe fall and catch part in the burn and then fall and catch again (not very likely)

2. Another thing I haven't tried is to defeat all the enemies on the code wheel or to try and figure out if there is any way to make it produce a hoom somehow? (possible)

3. Figure out a way to destroy the giant skull right before Hitasp? (not very likely)

4. Try jumping to some ledge that the camera can't see (not very likely but there are a few stretches in the game that made me wonder)

5. Bug the Dev's until they tell us :) (not very likely being that they haven't bothered responding to the Broken 'Perfect Rage' thread/email/PM that I sent ^^)

RuNN!nG sCaRe:D
08-09-2011, 10:18 AM
A little hoom seed-video guide for those who can't read :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR3VHOgOZpI

Keleto
08-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Very good job RuNN!nG sCaRe:D.

Some updates have been made to the game so an update to the guide is in order:

Perfect Rage - it is obtainable BUT if you hit enemies that block your attack it doesn't count, so you have to hit enemies that cant block you (the little goblin like monsters or the green ones for example, there are many places where you can find enough of those, look it for yourself)

God of Sea - I haven't personally tried this but I got personally informed by another players that now its easier to get, just kill him without getting hit.

trit and perfect Garshasp - Still no-one have found the 17th hoom but there is a bug to obtain those 2... wont tell you how though, I got mines by mistake and I don't like that.

With the last patch and an achievements fixed I have officially finished the game, played it on easy, normal and hard (strangely on hard its easier if you have good reflexes), played it in without saving nor using health fountains (did those 2 on hard at the same time actually, made the game quite interesting that time) and after that all I can say:

Game worth it! Really! Seriously not joking here. Its a small quick adventure with a bit strange art that feels refreshing and fun to play. Lack of camera control and some bad positions but still nothing that will make you suffer, some bugs but none that wont let you finish the game and obtain all achievements. Devs actually provided fixes for the game which is more than many do. In conclusion for for what this game is worth on steam I would recommend it.

minijavi19
12-16-2011, 08:04 AM
Very good job RuNN!nG sCaRe:D.

Some updates have been made to the game so an update to the guide is in order:

Perfect Rage - it is obtainable BUT if you hit enemies that block your attack it doesn't count, so you have to hit enemies that cant block you (the little goblin like monsters or the green ones for example, there are many places where you can find enough of those, look it for yourself)

God of Sea - I haven't personally tried this but I got personally informed by another players that now its easier to get, just kill him without getting hit.

trit and perfect Garshasp - Still no-one have found the 17th hoom but there is a bug to obtain those 2... wont tell you how though, I got mines by mistake and I don't like that.

With the last patch and an achievements fixed I have officially finished the game, played it on easy, normal and hard (strangely on hard its easier if you have good reflexes), played it in without saving nor using health fountains (did those 2 on hard at the same time actually, made the game quite interesting that time) and after that all I can say:

Game worth it! Really! Seriously not joking here. Its a small quick adventure with a bit strange art that feels refreshing and fun to play. Lack of camera control and some bad positions but still nothing that will make you suffer, some bugs but none that wont let you finish the game and obtain all achievements. Devs actually provided fixes for the game which is more than many do. In conclusion for for what this game is worth on steam I would recommend it.

Have you found hoom seed #17?

Cosinus P. W.
09-16-2012, 06:31 PM
I've managed to kill the last boss without getting hit 3 times now but no achievement.

It's the only one I've got left, any idea what's up?

I'm positively sure I had full hp throughout the whole thing.
First two attempts were on Normal and my latest one on Hard.

Edit: 2 more on normal, no luck yet. Trying out different things, was there anything specific you had to do for it to trigger correctly?