PDA

View Full Version : Worst game ever award

JazzCZ
07-18-2011, 02:58 AM
And the ♥♥♥♥tiest game ever award wins...
Ladies and Gantlemen, the winner is ZENO CLASH!

Congraulations!

fakiyo
07-18-2011, 03:25 AM
Cool you backup your statement with reason!
Also, metacritics and the users here seem to think different :)

Nick1021
07-18-2011, 03:34 AM
This game Def. isnt' worth 15 bucks. But it was okay for 3.75. I don't regret much.

I do regret spending so much time for such a crappy ending though :(

Forrest GIMP
07-18-2011, 06:26 AM
If this is the worst game you've played, then I'm envious.

tr0n187
07-18-2011, 06:57 AM
It's not a terrible game by any means. Granted it did not hold my attention very long and I have yet to complete it, but to say it's the worst is just....wrong.

raptorak
07-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Broken combat, broken weapons, broken engine. Boring and a little unsettling that many characters look and act like a bunch of paedophiles, especially "your" MumDad thing - did not like it one bit.

Again, your opinion will most likely differ, at least it is cheap.

gen. DeGroot
07-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Broken combat, broken weapons, broken engine. Boring and a little unsettling that many characters look and act like a bunch of paedophiles, especially "your" MumDad thing - did not like it one bit.

Again, your opinion will most likely differ, at least it is cheap.

...........You will burn. Combat is fine, so are the weapons, and you are calling the source engine "Broken." And if you're refering to the corwids, they're insane.

JazzCZ
07-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Combat is bad, few guns, engine is good.
Characters look like ♥♥♥♥, all of 'em.
Voices sucks hard, too.

RezCascade
07-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Zeno Clash isn't about guns. The gunplay is only meant to be 1/4 of the combat or less. It's primarily a brawler, and I can't say I've ever seen 1st person brawling handled as well as in this game. It puts Condemned to shame, and it's much deeper and even more visceral than Escape From Butcher Bay.

The characters are very well modeled and animated, so I'm assuming you just don't like the art style, which is definitely pretty out there. Which I find refreshing.

t1ddl3r
07-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Combat is bad, few guns, engine is good.
Characters look like ♥♥♥♥, all of 'em.
Voices sucks hard, too.

"few guns"????

"FEW GUNS"????

If you were expecting a shooter I suggest you look at the games you pay for in the future. This was NEVER a shooter, but an innovative brawler/beat 'em up.

And it's nice to see you have all that criticism that is right on the money, backed up with facts and intelligent critique, rather than just a couple of non-points just because you bought a game not knowing what it was....

Oh wait, you DID just back up your hate of the game with non-points, because you bought a game not knowing what type of game it was.

If you don't like first person melee games (there aren't many, and even fewer that get it right like this does), then don't BUY them. And certainly don't buy them and then complain there aren't enough guns.

Complaining the voice acting is bad (it wasn't, it was fine, better than many top titles, call of doody included) and there aren't enough guns is just ridiculous, I am actually still laughing as I type this.

DPW
07-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Yeah, well everyone's got an opinion. But considering that this game won (justly deserved, imho) awards for its art direction, claiming that the often surreal characters look like *^&% is a bit of a stretch. As far as the edginess of the storyline, considering that advert blurb talks about your hermaphroditic parent, I'd say you got fair warning.

I'll be honest and say that I found the combat repetitive after a while (although the boss fights with the pets were pretty imaginative). Aside from the bosses, you get to know the opponents pretty fast. Fun, sure. But when you stack it up next to the over the top world setting, an "on rails" narrative/FPS (First Person Sparring?) felt frustrating. I'd kill for a sandbox type game like Grand Theft Auto in which you could wander around this spectacular world.

Darkroot
07-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Taking into account that this game has an average score of 7.5 and it's the first game these developers made and that most of you bought it at a steal price of $3.75. I would say that none of your complaints are valid. Voicing acting is not that good but it doesn't ruin the game, it just doesn't add anything to it. The character models themselves are very good along with the whole environment. Especially anywhere with that crazy squirrel bomb dude. If you complaining about gun go back to playing COD this isn't a fps. Don't come here to complain a game you bought without thinking is not your genre type.

Gameslaya
07-19-2011, 12:33 AM
You guys seriously can't spot a troll from right under your noses?

Way to go. :rolleyes:

JazzCZ
07-19-2011, 01:02 AM
"few guns"????

"FEW GUNS"????

If you were expecting a shooter I suggest you look at the games you pay for in the future. This was NEVER a shooter, but an innovative brawler/beat 'em up.

And it's nice to see you have all that criticism that is right on the money, backed up with facts and intelligent critique, rather than just a couple of non-points just because you bought a game not knowing what it was....

Oh wait, you DID just back up your hate of the game with non-points, because you bought a game not knowing what type of game it was.

If you don't like first person melee games (there aren't many, and even fewer that get it right like this does), then don't BUY them. And certainly don't buy them and then complain there aren't enough guns.

Complaining the voice acting is bad (it wasn't, it was fine, better than many top titles, call of doody included) and there aren't enough guns is just ridiculous, I am actually still laughing as I type this.♥♥♥♥, I'm so sorry lord! I change the word weapons with the word guns!!
Please, I'm sorry lord!

gen. DeGroot
07-19-2011, 09:07 AM
♥♥♥♥, I'm so sorry lord! I change the word weapons with the word guns!!
Please, I'm sorry lord!

His point still is correct. Leave now.

DPW
07-19-2011, 11:51 AM
You guys seriously can't spot a troll from right under your noses?

Way to go. :rolleyes:

Ouch. Yeah, point taken.