PDA

View Full Version : Hammering does nothing?

JacksRache
07-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Hi,

As the tutorial explains, I try grabing and hammering on the big enemies. However, repeatingly hammering on the space bar doesn't seem to do anything. No damage, no visual feedback. Is that a common problem, or am I just too stupid?

Jack

Wulf2k
07-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Are you letting go of control, and then pressing space bar at least twice per second? Not sure on the minimum tap-speed needed, but it seemed pretty forgiving.

JacksRache
07-18-2011, 01:31 PM
I keep pressing CTRL (otherwise I lose my grip) and bash the hell out of space, but no effect. Also I noticed that when grabing, the game stutters, like all animations play with 1 fps or so. (edit: Just watched the boss gameplay video. That stuttering seems normal)

Wulf2k
07-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I think you're right that you need to hold CTRL, dunno what I was thinking.

It's a fairly simple thing, so I doubt you're screwing it up. How many times do you hit space bar before giving up?

JacksRache
07-19-2011, 08:20 AM
How many times do you hit space bar before giving up?

Thanks for trying to help me, Wulf2k. I'd consider myself a fast basher. So I hit until the hero gives up automatically after about 5 seconds.

Maybe the problem is my fast computer. I had the same problem with Super Meat Boy which ran too fast until I noticed that all of a sudden I could beat bosses on my laptop... :D Anyway, my theory is that the game has problems detecting hits on the space bar while grabing. I dunno.

Vpower
07-19-2011, 11:44 AM
I notice I don't shoot when I hold Ctrl and press Spacebar.

I think it just can't register Ctrl + Spacebar together :x.

Wulf2k
07-19-2011, 01:37 PM
If you check the tutorial, doesn't it give another control scheme for left handers? Try Ctrl, and whatever the alternate fire button is... Or is it space for both setups?

jon1101
07-22-2011, 11:24 AM
You fire using the space bar in both setups. I'm having the same problem--the game won't register the space bar if I'm holding either control key.

QuantumTech
08-06-2011, 01:12 AM
If your CTRL+Space inputs don't register, it's because of your keyboard. Manufacturers have to work out a trade-off between the complexity of keyboard wiring that is required to report combinations of keypresses and the price of the keyboard, so they leave out uncommon combinations. That's why there is a whole lot of gaming keyboards.

jon1101
08-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Thanks QuantumTech for the information. I purchased the game to play on my laptop while traveling, so buying a gaming keyboard would completely defeat the purpose. Is there no other way to address this problem? It seems silly that the lack of an option to customize the game's controls should render it incompatible with certain keyboards. If I had known of that limitation, I would not have purchased the game to begin with.