PDA

View Full Version : I'd love to play this but...

EzTarget_UK
07-19-2011, 04:01 AM
I can't get past the main menu.

I get a 10-20 seconds black screen then a "press J to start" message.
When the main menu appears there's a list of the controls, again I have to press J, at this point I get a nice screen high message box stating that a DLL is missing...

Strange thing about this DLL is that it's a different one each time and my AV software (bitdefender) is not liking csc.exe as it thinks it's a virus.

I checked in my temp folder for the DLL (as the error states that it should be there) and to my surprise there's a .err and .out file with the same name as the DLL, the .err file is 0 bytes, but the .out file is a C# Compiler line that is trying to re-compile the game every time I run it (this may explain the 10-20 seconds of black screen at the start).

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
4GB RAM

Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

I've even removed it and re-downloaded the game...

EDIT:
It would be nice if the developer had a forum or some form of support system appart from a generic e-mail with comments page

flamedance58
07-19-2011, 04:58 PM
I can't say I've had this issue but I can agree with you that it would be nice if the dev had a place to actually send in complaints.

Frywalker
07-21-2011, 03:30 PM
I'd love to play this, but the controls are so buggy. I can run right and jump, but I cant run left and jump. I can assign jump to spacebar, but I cant assign it to Shift. I can roll right, but not left. When I try to assign new control buttons, I gotta bring up the steam interface between each button press. I just don't understand how the controls can be so screwed up

EzTarget_UK
07-21-2011, 03:49 PM
OK, another update to the game and this issue is still not fixed.

Here's the error message I get:

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5601/tvaerror.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/tvaerror.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

and the .out file that goes with the error message:

d:\games\steam\steamapps\common\tobe's vertical adventure> "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\csc. exe" /t:library /utf8output /R:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\msco rlib.dll" /R:"d:\games\steam\steamapps\common\tobe's vertical adventure\Tobe's Vertical Adventure.exe" /R:"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\2.0.0.0__b 77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll" /out:"C:\Users\EzTarget\AppData\Local\Temp\viskke-m.dll" /debug- /optimize+ /nostdlib /D:_DYNAMIC_XMLSERIALIZER_COMPILATION "C:\Users\EzTarget\AppData\Local\Temp\viskke-m.0.cs"

Secret Base
07-22-2011, 02:38 AM
@ExTarget_UK : We gave it another shot, and it should work now. Let us know if you're still having problems. Thanks, and sorry for the trouble :(

Secret Base
07-22-2011, 02:39 AM
I'd love to play this, but the controls are so buggy. I can run right and jump, but I cant run left and jump. I can assign jump to spacebar, but I cant assign it to Shift. I can roll right, but not left. When I try to assign new control buttons, I gotta bring up the steam interface between each button press. I just don't understand how the controls can be so screwed up

That sounds like a ghosting issue. You can refer to this thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2009842) to find out what happened, and how you can fix it. Hope it helps :)

EzTarget_UK
07-22-2011, 07:03 AM
@ExTarget_UK : We gave it another shot, and it should work now. Let us know if you're still having problems. Thanks, and sorry for the trouble :(

Well I just tried it now, and steam has no update yet, but it's still crashing.

A little more info for you, in case this might help:

Launch game
Music starts, black screen
First title graphic
Second title graphic (press J to continue)
Title screen with the menu navigation information (pres J to skip)
Game closes, music is still playing and the above error is shown
Close that error box, and the music stops

One thing I can say about the title music, it's very nice :)

PC Specs:

CPU: Q6600 (4 core 2.4Ghz)
RAM: 4GB

Secret Base
07-22-2011, 07:06 AM
Damn, I forgot to mention... while we fixed it, it takes a while for Steam guys to update the game.

animagnum
07-30-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm having a similar issue. Pressing "J" to start playing seems to cancel instead and I end up back at the main menu instead of playing the game.