PDA

View Full Version : Help - Steam downloaded amount?

Pingpong0101
07-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Well i left my house and left this downloading and when i come back it shows this.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2a9dwr8.jpg

The downloaded are different, so I'm confused. Is this a steam bug or something?
Oh P.S. I only started this download today at the time given.

Oh and when i look at the games list it only says 17% or something like that downloaded.

:confused::confused::confused:

klaount
07-19-2011, 08:37 AM
The "total downloaded" counter is either bugged or something I don't know. I never look at this though, "Downloaded" seems to be accurate enough.

MADDOGGE
07-19-2011, 09:23 AM
Doesn't 7234.7 MB = 7.2 GB? Is so that seems about right for TF2 considering all the patches and updates that have been done for that game.

If my math is off and it's 72GB instead then yes something is very wrong.

You have my pity for your DL speed though. Looks like what we had during the Summer Seal. Have you tried changing your download region? It won't effect what has already been downloaded.

H4wk
07-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Did you download a game before downloading tf2? If so, then total downloaded will count that amount of data as well.

Also, I have noticed that total downloaded is usually less than downloaded in some games (esp valve games).

Vustom
07-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Doesn't 7234.7 MB = 7.2 GB? Is so that seems about right for TF2 considering all the patches and updates that have been done for that game.

If my math is off and it's 72GB instead then yes something is very wrong.

You have my pity for your DL speed though. Looks like what we had during the Summer Seal. Have you tried changing your download region? It won't effect what has already been downloaded.

7.2 GB is correct. :)

Epsilon
07-19-2011, 10:35 AM
That number is cumulative since Steam was launched, so it might be from another update. Also there is some difference between the two counters because Steam downloads are compressed, and one counter counts the compressed download, and the other counts it uncompressed.