PDA

View Full Version : SERVER NOT RESPONDING

cybra117
07-19-2011, 02:52 PM
ok so almost every time I play the game will randomly lag and then it never stops, it will catch up, then immediately lag again, and Im sick of it breaking my experience, does anyone know how to fix?

Ragnokak
07-19-2011, 05:15 PM
IMO, it is either your computer setup (IE Modem / Router / Firewall / AV software settings) or your ISP.

I have have never had any issues with lag and I've played it since beta.

Good luck sussing out your issues though.

kenpojujitsu3
07-20-2011, 05:35 AM
IMO, it is either your computer setup (IE Modem / Router / Firewall / AV software settings) or your ISP.

I have have never had any issues with lag and I've played it since beta.

Good luck sussing out your issues though.

This.

Voleron
07-20-2011, 11:54 PM
I don't think its his setup, because coincidentally the exact same thing is happening to me today, too.

kenpojujitsu3
07-21-2011, 03:15 AM
I don't think its his setup, because coincidentally the exact same thing is happening to me today, too.

I played for several hours yesterday and the day before (and nearly every day since launch) and didn't have this issue. I also run one of the larger supergroups in the game right now and no one reported this issue.

Since we all play the game on the same server farm (not different servers like other MMOs) if you're experiencing this and other players aren't it's an issue on your end. If it's not your hardware check with your ISP and get them on the ball.

Merovign
07-21-2011, 08:11 PM
There have been minor lag problems since the last big patch, but if you check the CO boards you'll see that a LOT of people can't log in at all because of server timeouts, and a large number of people get in but it's lagging so bad it's unplayable.

There was a patch or server update last night that has been mentioned in connection with this problem, but Cryptic hasn't come to a public conclusion. When I was able to get it it was becoming unplayable and zone chat was all about how bad it was getting. Now I can't even log in.

kenpojujitsu3
07-22-2011, 06:35 AM
There have been minor lag problems since the last big patch, but if you check the CO boards you'll see that a LOT of people can't log in at all because of server timeouts, and a large number of people get in but it's lagging so bad it's unplayable.

There was a patch or server update last night that has been mentioned in connection with this problem, but Cryptic hasn't come to a public conclusion. When I was able to get it it was becoming unplayable and zone chat was all about how bad it was getting. Now I can't even log in.

I noticed some of this after this weeks patch but not last weeks patch so I'll recant my earlier posts (but not edit them as I own up to my errors).

I asked my supergroup yesterday around 6-7pm EST if they were having issues. Some were, most weren't.

There also aren't a lot of responses on the official boards about this like there tends to be when the majority of the playerbase is affected by something gamebreaking so it doesn't appear to be huge. I disabled "on demand patching" and switched to a proxy which resolved the issue but that kind of workaround should not be necessary.

Xenosinfinity
07-22-2011, 08:42 AM
I've been having problems with this as well... On-demand patching is already turned off because that's caused issues before, and I've got most of the graphics settings turned down in an attempt to fix it as well. Really have no idea where it came from, though, because it was fine on the day of the last major patch.

soady
07-23-2011, 10:01 AM
hey,

I have been getting the same problems as well, since the last patch I have be getting nothing but lagg, in the game, I have tested my connection and its running fine, there are no problems, so there has to be another issue, I really hope that it will be fixed soon, I lost 2000 hp to one zomby because I could not hit him, but he could me its really starting to get annoying now, as I like this game and I am just getting in to it.

kenpojujitsu3
07-24-2011, 01:56 PM
The issue has resolved itself for me, back to normal play and login since Friday. Anyone else still having issues today?

S.head
07-25-2011, 08:10 AM
The issue has been on and off for me, never lasted for more than a couple of minutes each time. From what people have been saying in the in-game chat, the lag only affects some instances, so if it becomes a real problem try changing instance.