PDA

View Full Version : Broken Multiplayer Progress

carnagehunts
07-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Co-op Mode multiplayer is completly broken. After one passes the missions the mission progress does not get saved so items aquired don't pass over and defeats the purpose of even playing multiplayer on this game. During missions also latency is out of wack, fps drops and can't see player health or ping rates.

papoutsi
07-24-2011, 11:04 AM
i can't join a multiplayer mode :/

byblo
07-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Me neither. I managed to join only once a lobby.
The only way for me is to host, which works always.

carnagehunts
07-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Its funny how they release a game that has potential and even with all of us complaining in the forums nothing will probably be done about this. Steam needs to get on track and inform this company to patch these problems.

Headup Games
07-25-2011, 10:09 AM
a) The developer is working on a patch addressing several MP issues.
b) The basic MP design won't be touched though according to the developer as this was intended as added value to the game, not as a full MP campaign. Focus of development has been creating a single player experience.
c) People sometimes not being able to join is definitely a port / firewall / router / network issue.

We are aware that this is not the answers you are hoping for, we still hope you enjoy the game if only in single player if you do not like how the MP part has been implemented.

Syncourt
07-26-2011, 07:07 AM
The basic MP design won't be touched though according to the developer as this was intended as added value to the game, not as a full MP campaign.

Might want to tell the developers this then - If it's intended for single player, don't add multi-player. Extra value to a single player game would be more single player. Don't add something to your game if you don't want to put any focus into it. You should never design a game where you know that players will feel like features have been left out purely because the developers couldn't care to add them.

They've wasted their own time. People will play single player and find it has more features than multi because it is lacking. so for the most part they will just ignore multi. The time would have been better spent making more single player content and keeping the 'extra value' in an area where it will actually be played. Rather than falsely making multi-player gamers believe that there is any value to a game which actually was never even designed for them in the first place.

That's not to be rude in any way whatsoever, its just the way things are and I think the developers really need to be informed. I realize it won't help Trapped Dead as that ship has sailed. But they need to know this for any future products.

I'm the only person I know that's actually picked this game up. Everybody I talked to about it that was interested in some co-op, I simply said "I wouldn't really bother if you want it for MP, because it doesn't save level progress in multi-player. It's pretty much like single missions and you lose everything you earned during the mission when you finish it." Knowing that a lot of the appeal in these sort of games is heavily revolved around this sort of thing, it instantly convinced them not to purchase.

vanman420
07-26-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm the only person I know that's actually picked this game up. Everybody I talked to about it that was interested in some co-op, I simply said "I wouldn't really bother if you want it for MP, because it doesn't save level progress in multi-player. It's pretty much like single missions and you lose everything you earned during the mission when you finish it." Knowing that a lot of the appeal in these sort of games is heavily revolved around this sort of thing, it instantly convinced them not to purchase.

I agree fully, me and a few friends picked this up and were quite disappointed. It should be stated somewhere that MP progress is non existent. I truly hope this can be turned around somehow in a future patch, because as it is I am not able to recommend it to anyone in my large friend list.

xStaticx
07-26-2011, 08:03 PM
b) The basic MP design won't be touched though according to the developer as this was intended as added value to the game, not as a full MP campaign. Focus of development has been creating a single player experience.
c) People sometimes not being able to join is definitely a port / firewall / router / network issue.

We are aware that this is not the answers you are hoping for, we still hope you enjoy the game if only in single player if you do not like how the MP part has been implemented.

How about you post in the dev support thread? We've all been waiting eagerly to hear from you.

Heiland
07-27-2011, 05:14 AM

Thx for the info, now i know that not buying this game was a good decision

xStaticx
07-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Thx for the info, now i know that not buying this game was a good decision

Stay away from this title. Seriously don't waste your money unless they fix it.

L.Kreutz
07-27-2011, 08:27 PM
I was really excited to play this with a friend of mine. I'm glad I found this thread so I can avoid it like the plague. A real shame, I wish the multiplayer/coop worked and that it wasn't an "after thought". Who the hell makes a survival horror game like this and considers multi-player an "after thought"?

Just saved $20. I highly suggest everyone keep an eye on Project Zomboid - I think it'll probably end up saving the day.

carnagehunts
08-02-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm glad that this forum post has been helpfull for many cause I was seriously dissapointed in how this game turned out it could've been great but it wasn't.

Klementh
08-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Is it possible to select any mission in multiplayer after finishing the game in single player? If so, can somebody please share a full save file?

Thanks.

OkamiWaffles
08-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Well damn, thanks Headup Games. My mate got a copy for me, 2 other people, and himself, with the sole purpose of "We wanna play multiplayer, oh my god this is going to be awesome!" Only to have you ♥♥♥♥ on us with the fact that we can't even get into a lobby with eachother. I agree with Syncourt, don't promise multiplayer if it's not going to work for over 90% of the people that buy the game.

biby
09-07-2011, 02:08 AM
The game is not that great one anyways. Had to finish the first missions to make a lobby for me and my friend. And I don't really get into this game. :<

Treychik
11-01-2011, 05:55 AM
erm...and when will this "fix" appear in the updates?
because I even afraid to buy any games anymore.

Vaka
11-24-2011, 09:51 PM
If this game was not designed to be a multiplayer game.

Why the hell did you guys made a 4-pack in Steam?

I bought 4 copies of the game, i know i haven't payed much (10 dollars) but i feel ripped off.

You shouldn't have added the multiplayer feature, i would have bought the game to play in singleplayer, but now i own a 4-pack wich is useless.

Sceler
11-25-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm not going to troll you at least, until I'm too jarateed off thinking about it. I'm not going to lie to you. But after reading this I seriously regret buying this game and I will tell you why.

At first, I downloaded the game from the internet, tried it and liked what you did. So I talked to my fiancÚ and she downloaded it too, but she had some troubles playing because she was using an old laptop (Her pc broke a bunch of months ago, and we haven't had the money to buy another until now, that's why we started searching some games to play) but as we both liked the game, we just uninstalled it and waited for when she could play with her new pc.

Well, now we have the money and we're searching for a good pc so that we may play our top-requirements games again, and as I saw your game discounted in the steam sales we bought two copies of it. Why if we had a perfectly working free copy? Because of the may-be updates, the fixed bugs, the multi-player without issues possibility and the added content with the game updates. Oh, and that I like to buy the games that I like and play so I may give some support to whoever made'em.

And as I've the game I started looking, to find if this game is updated more or less regularly and what do I find? That the only reason I bought this instead of a game of the same kind and price like Dead Horde, the multiplayer experience, in reality is a "We hate you, costumers".

I doubt I can get a refound on this purchase so I just won't buy another game related with the names "Headup Games" or "Crenetic" unless Multiplayer is improved.. thing that I doubt too that is going to happen.

So what do I do now that I just paid for two copies of a game that I'm not going to be able to play?

"Oh, you can play, you can play singleplayer"

Well, ♥♥♥♥ that, because multiplayer is a ♥♥♥♥ing. Boring. ♥♥♥♥. and it doesn't matters of what game we're talking about, singleplayer is always god-♥♥♥♥ing boring because it doesn't matter how long the game is or what you put in it. Singleplayer. Gets. Always. Repetitive.

Do you think left 4 dead would had gone anywhere if it was just a single-player game?

It was so hard to improve in some way a enjoyable multiplayer experience?

Because playing for an entire hour to get nothing in the game and lose all progress is just pure old-school trolling because there's nothing that ♥♥♥♥s more than spending your time in a game to get nothing in return. Oh ♥♥♥♥. I've been trolled by a god.Damned.Game.Developer.

This is the last game I buy without downloading and fully testing and web-researching it. I am ♥♥♥♥ing stupid for thinking that I could play with my girlfriend a game labeled as cooperative and multiplayer in steam.

Klementh
03-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Still waiting for a full save file to play this with a friend. Somebody please share it.

angrykenji
04-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Bump to warn potential buyers

InanZen
04-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Bump to warn potential buyers
Thx
was going to buy a 4 pack, but only because of the Co-op.
After reading this. i will buy 0 pack :(

Uryel
04-11-2012, 05:14 PM
My wife and I both bought that game when it was released. Heck, it wasn't even released yet.

While we both enjoy some singleplayer games, we bought that one to play together. As in, you know, multiplayer, not simultaneous solo sessions until we can actually be allowed to replay a level we have already beaten, but this time together.

If this is the devs' idea of multiplayer, please, kindly NEVER EVER AGAIN try to implement a multiplayer feature. Ever. Also, it should be mentionned that this game's multiplayer is "added value" as you say it, or, in laymans' words, "a poorly done afterthought".

Honest, it's cheating your customers to say they can play the game in coop while they can only RE-PLAY the game. According to the laws and regulations where I live, I could probably sue you for that, and win. Problem is, it would cost me a thousand times what the game did cost, so of course I won't bother.

This game isn't bad as a solo game, but if we had known there was absolutely no proper multiplayer whatsoever, we would never have purchased it.

Oh wait, that's probably why it's not even mentionned anywhere...

Vag
04-12-2012, 07:43 AM
2 Headup Games

Do you tried to play it?! This game is absolutely unplayable

omniux
04-03-2013, 05:50 AM
@Sceler

You should get unbanned for your post. I think you deserve the 2010 Best Actiongame Award. Want to have fuc?